New RR 20” wheels - terrible MPG!!!!

Whereas I didn't...!

Had a little spirited drive with a BM estate and the van kept up quite easily.
Only an old 318i but still impressed me; I know the guy and met him in the sea afterwards. He was amazed how nippy our semi house is.

View attachment 7700 Just got my beat mpg ever on my drive home from work.
So then Mr Officer, your speedo is registering 0mph so you are stationary, however as your tacho needle is at the 9O'clock position, this would indicate that the keys are in the ignition and the engine running. How does this thing about not using a hand held device when in charge of a vehicle work again???:whistle:

So then Mr Officer, your speedo is registering 0mph so you are stationary, however as your tacho needle is at the 9O'clock position, this would indicate that the keys are in the ignition and the engine running. How does this thing about not using a hand held device when in charge of a vehicle work again???:whistle:
I'm parked in the driveway of my house. On private property.... and it's use a hand held device whilst driving.... ;-)

Ahh but define driving? If you are stationary at a set of traffic lights thats not "driving".... I knew you wouldn't be anywhere other than off the highway, a good upstanding member of law enforcement.

Ahh but define driving? If you are stationary at a set of traffic lights thats not "driving".... I knew you wouldn't be anywhere other than off the highway, a good upstanding member of law enforcement.
I define driving as something other than sitting on my driveway with the handbrake on.... it at least requires a road or highway.. :)

Excellent, just trying to investigate the potential excuses that I can write into a book. Have heard so many over the years, its good to get some from another enforcing body.:thumbsup:

Excellent, just trying to investigate the potential excuses that I can write into a book. Have heard so many over the years, its good to get some from another enforcing body.:thumbsup:
Haha.. let's have a beer sometime and I'll give you a trilogy's worth of excuses that I've heard!! Kicking off with the person who crashed into the car in front on the A30 because he was reading the "police accident" sign. He obviously thought it was an instruction rather than a warning!

Now that is truly awesome. Wonder if he is going to get litigation in that you deliberately distracted him. "My lud, I put to you that my poor helpless, halfwit of a client was being a good observant driver in reading the sign that the Police had put out., and therefore it is the Police's fault that he crashed. If the sign had not been there my client would have had nothing to read and ergo would not have crashed into the car in front".
Does that constitute a technical polacc?

Now that is truly awesome. Wonder if he is going to get litigation in that you deliberately distracted him. "My lud, I put to you that my poor helpless, halfwit of a client was being a good observant driver in reading the sign that the Police had put out., and therefore it is the Police's fault that he crashed. If the sign had not been there my client would have had nothing to read and ergo would not have crashed into the car in front".
Does that constitute a technical polacc?
Nope!!! It constitutes a nice little due care offence though! My all time favourite is being in court with someone who's "not guilty" defence to overtaking though protected turning bays and then accelerating to 103 mph whilst I was in the unmarked car behind him was this little gem.
"The Officer is to blame. He permitted me to drive like that because he didn't stop me sooner. Had he been driving a marked police vehicle I obviously wouldn't have done it"

Brilliant, suprised he didn't come back with "it can't have been that dangerous as the police car behind me must have been going even faster to have caught up with me".

Brilliant, suprised he didn't come back with "it can't have been that dangerous as the police car behind me must have been going even faster to have caught up with me".
Me too. He did try the classic " I found the officer oppressive when he went to stop me because I was scared of the Blue lights and the siren was very loud"

Or the even better exchange-
Legal representation- Officer how did you find the attitude of the defendant, my client when you were reporting him

Me- I found him argumentive and rude

Defendant (shouting in court) - NO I BLOODY WASNT!

Back