oil staining on NSF shock

adibell

I got my T6 back from its cambelt service (ouch) and they pointed out that there is oil staining on my NSF shock. They said that it does not necessarily need replacing, but that I should keep an eye on it.

1. Has anyone else had issues with a leaky shock like this?

2. If the shock does need replacing, would it be a good idea to replace with lowered suspension, or is lowering the van going to cost a whole lot more than a genuine parts shock replacement? Roughly how much is a reasonable job (not budget but certainly don't want to blow loads of money on it!). I do like the look of lowered vans but I haven't justified is as a cost. I do realise it'd be an expense at the rear of the van too, but it makes sense to factor out the fronts if I have to replace suspension bits anyway.

I'm pretty handy so would probably try to do this myself, I just thought I'd get opinions before looking into it thoroughly.

Cheers

Yep, NSR at about 40K miles, stock T32. Was slightly damp with oil last time I checked, nothing to be bothered with at the moment but piss poor quality for a top price van.

Nsf replaced about 8ok.

If its leaking, its broke and needs replacing.

Back