Bilstein rear shocks renewal

Spokesman

Hi all,
recently got a 16 plate t6 4motion,its got 20 inch alloys and a bilstein kit fitted.VW serviced it and notd the bushes on the rear knackered so they need renewing.
the thing is..do i replace these like for like,the ride is abit crashy prob to do with not much rubber...or do i just renew the shock for the same but put say 17'' rims on but was told the van would be even lower. ;(....so im looking for a comfier ride without taking a mortgage out..any comments most welcome

Need to know how low the van is. …? Measure center of wheel to top of the wheel arch. From this we can make recommendations , try to get away from Bilstein kits they really are quite problematic

Hi there just measured it sits at around 385mm centre to top of arch..much thanks..thought Bilstein had a good rep. But don’t profess to know much

Bilstein are good , but the transporter kits aren’t real Bilstein kits. Made by a third party and not well designed sadly
385. Is way too low. It is 75 mm drop the springs aren’t strong enough and that is why the van is so low , you simply won’t get a comfortable ride that low , fit another kit that can cope with the weight and ride well , changing the wheels isn’t going to help maybe give me a call to discuss this in more depth

Thanks for continuing to advise really appreciate this….im reluctant to spend thousands,presume both front and rear sets need doing..what would you suggest brand wise,spec wise and cost.
Happy to buzz and chat too….

Hi All,

been getting a headache with suspension choices when moving away from old bilsteins....what is a good set up for a t32 t6 4motion on 20inch alloys.....i won't feed anything but be good to hear your views around set up brand and costs..much thanks
Hi all,
recently got a 16 plate t6 4motion,its got 20 inch alloys and a bilstein kit fitted.VW serviced it and notd the bushes on the rear knackered so they need renewing.
the thing is..do i replace these like for like,the ride is abit crashy prob to do with not much rubber...or do i just renew the shock for the same but put say 17'' rims on but was told the van would be even lower. ;(....so im looking for a comfier ride without taking a mortgage out..any comments most welcome

Hi All,

been getting a headache with suspension choices when moving away from old bilsteins....what is a good set up for a t32 t6 4motion on 20inch alloys.....i won't feed anything but be good to hear your views around set up brand and costs..much thanks
I would suggest you need to decide on the height you would like first. That will determine a choice of setups.

Back