Oil service light on at less than 5000 miles

Hi, I bought a t6 on a 2018 back in November with 119,000 on the clock. The oil service light came on within a few weeks which I thought was a bit strange as the service book said it was done in the summer. I had the oil/ filter changed and it’s just come on again today say it needs a an oil service in 29 days/ 2400 miles. It was only changed in December and has been driven for 2500 miles. If I leave it until the 2400 miles it will still have done less 5000 between intervals. Surely this can’t be right? Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!

Was the service indicator reset when the you had the initial oil change? Do you know if the service indicator was even reset when it was serviced in "the summer"?

Have a read through this thread...

Was the service indicator reset when the you had the initial oil change? Do you know if the service indicator was even reset when it was serviced in "the summer"?

Have a read through this thread...
Thanks for the response. Yes, the indicator was reset on both services. I’m wondering if due to the high mileage it was doing a year previously it was adjusted to a 6 month service interval.

Wasn't aware 6-monthly was even an option. AFAIK. there are 2 servicing schedules available - fixed interval (annual) and extended interval (2yrs/20k) - though I'm not overly familiar with the T6 as mine is a T6,1 that hasn't even had it's first service yet!! Perhaps speak to a VW main dealer?

Wasn't aware 6-monthly was even an option. AFAIK. there are 2 servicing schedules available - fixed interval (annual) and extended interval (2yrs/20k) - though I'm not overly familiar with the T6 as mine is a T6,1 that hasn't even had it's first service yet!! Perhaps speak to a VW main dealer?
Thanks for the advice on this! I’ll give VW a call.

Certainly on the 6.1 while it's roughly double the interval the ECU is monitoring the oil continuously and if your driving style "wears" it out more or the oil quality isn't ideal then the indicated service interval will be adjusted.

That may be happening on the 6 as well?

Reactions: Bav
Certainly on the 6.1 while it's roughly double the interval the ECU is monitoring the oil continuously and if your driving style "wears" it out more or the oil quality isn't ideal then the indicated service interval will be adjusted.

That may be happening on the 6 as well?
Thanks for the info. It’s only get light use a few days a week. The model is 102bhp so no rally driving. I’ve checked it against the last service and it’s exactly the same mileage amount of 5000.

Back