MFD suggests oil service just 6 months (10k miles) since last one?

jayc001

T6 Pro
Hi, The MFD on my new to me Caravelle suggested oil service last week (due in 1500 miles came up on screen). I booked it in for a service as I have All in plan and it's off to dealers Thursday by which time it'll be down to near enough 0 miles. I checked service history and it seems it had oil/filter in January just 10k miles ago. This doesn't seem to follow, fixed or flexible schedule. Any ideas? Perhaps not reset after last service?

Hi, The MFD on my new to me Caravelle suggested oil service last week (due in 1500 miles came up on screen). I booked it in for a service as I have All in plan and it's off to dealers Thursday by which time it'll be down to near enough 0 miles. I checked service history and it seems it had oil/filter in January just 10k miles ago. This doesn't seem to follow, fixed or flexible schedule. Any ideas? Perhaps not reset after last service?

I'd just get it serviced, I never let my van go more than 10K between services, I don't believe that these extended intervals are a great idea if you own the van and plan to keep it long term, although they're great if it's a lease vehicle that's going back in a few years so any long term engine issues will be somebody else's problem.

I agree, always serviced my last t5.1 twice a year so will do the same with this once all in plan runs out. I was just confused at the 10k oil service as this does not follow the usual figures.

Mines on flexible and comes up about every 12-14 k and that’s fine for me

Mines done about 1,000 miles since it was serviced in April and I got the oil service due warning today.

Assume the dealer forgot to reset it, but I’ll get an oil/filter changed in Sept/Oct as usual and ignore the warning.

Pisses me off a bit that the independents are nearly as dear as a main dealer and they forget to reset the oil service light. :rolleyes:

These guys told me in April that I had an oil leak, but it was higher up than the crank seal. And yet last week when I popped in for a quick health check they tell me there’s an oil leak coming from the crank seal. :mad:

Back