Offgrid Wish List

Briston

T6 Pro
So, if you had to spec an offgrid power supply to run a fridge & not much else except some led lighting that could see you through a week in the wild,how would you approach it?
Looking into what fridge,solar,battery etc
Basically what I have wouldn't cut the mustard.
as for a budget lets say £1500 …….ish
cheers
bri

Just done exactly that, 140w solar and parked in the shade mostly. Battery didn't drop below 12.34v. it's a 100ah battery and dometic fridge.

F2D43B1B-5FF4-43D9-BCFC-6E55254F166A.jpeg

150w solar panel was faultless in January this year at Glencoe. Off grid camping for 5 nights, running fridge containing cold beer and 5 days food supply. Diesel heater and lights. I had to keep brushing the snow off the solar panel tho.

So, if you had to spec an offgrid power supply to run a fridge & not much else except some led lighting that could see you through a week in the wild,how would you approach it?
Looking into what fridge,solar,battery etc
Basically what I have wouldn't cut the mustard.
as for a budget lets say £1500 …….ish
cheers
bri

This is what I have done and so far faultless ! Well re done some bits that where messed up !! lol
300w photo universe solar panel
Victron solar controller
Redarc battery to battery charger
jupiter control panel
68 amh Lithium battery (equivalent to 120 amh lead acid)

@PBLP Thanks for the reply mate, sounds very similar to my system, I've never had the opportunity to camp for five days in January in snow so figured it would be a very rough guide to winter battery duration with lower battery temperatures and less useable daylight ( I appreciate that there are lots of variables between different systems)

Am i reading the spec of the Waeco cfx fridges correctly?
the bumf says a current draw of 0.36ah/h
does that mean 0.36 per hour? surely that cant be right??

Am i reading the spec of the Waeco cfx fridges correctly?
the bumf says a current draw of 0.36ah/h
does that mean 0.36 per hour? surely that cant be right??
Yes, but be aware that on start up the compressor draws significant current so they do require a good size supply cable and as few connections as possible. Always wire direct to battery via dedicated fuse.

Back