OEM vs Aftermarket front bumper

D5smith

VIP Member
Im after a T6 highline front bumper, the thing making a simple requirement difficult is that I need headlight washer holes.

VW have quoted £360+vat but I have found this one PRIMED FRONT BUMPER WITH FOG LAMP HOLES & WASHER HOLES
Which is significantly cheaper.

Now I understand the whole you get what you pay for debate, but give the saving how much worse could an aftermarket bumper be? Should I just stick to OEM or is aftermarket more than good enough with a proper paint spray?

To be honest I agree with you, just wanted to check I wasn’t going to be spending more than I need to.

Cheers mate.

Im after a T6 highline front bumper, the thing making a simple requirement difficult is that I need headlight washer holes.

VW have quoted £360+vat but I have found this one PRIMED FRONT BUMPER WITH FOG LAMP HOLES & WASHER HOLES
Which is significantly cheaper.

Now I understand the whole you get what you pay for debate, but give the saving how much worse could an aftermarket bumper be? Should I just stick to OEM or is aftermarket more than good enough with a proper paint spray?
An extra £200 on something important like the looks isn’t a huge amount to spend on something you spend thousands on.
OE for me too

We have to fit non-gen s#!@ because of the insurance companies' requests it, and they fit like a marigold on a elephant. We have nowt but hassle getting them to fit in a fashion and hassle from the customer because we've devalued there car. Go OEM:thumbsup:

I am after replacement front and rear bumpers, is there a big difference with OEM and aftermarket ones. What are the quality like from places like Travelin Lite Transporters?

We have to fit non-gen s#!@ because of the insurance companies' requests it, and they fit like a marigold on a elephant. We have nowt but hassle getting them to fit in a fashion and hassle from the customer because we've devalued there car. Go OEM:thumbsup:

I think this sums it up nicely, I've never seen a aftermarket bumper or panel fit as well as OEM on any car

If you really want to fit non gen try and go for euro cars platinum plus range best of a bad bunch. There's are insurance approved and get away-able fit as long as your not to bothered. Opposite side is prasco which I just send back when ever I get a part off them as it's a complete waste of time and products.

Back