OEM Highline front bumper cost ?

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Im on the look out for a highline front bumper to upgrade from my startline bumper.
I've seen several on ebay for around £200-£250 which look ok and the listings say "all lugs in tact".
I presume that means nothing is missing fixing wise on the back of the bumper and it would fit without any problems.

Out of curiosity though does anyone know the cost of an OEM highline front bumper (no washer jets)

Retail on a primed bumper for painting is £244 + vat but if you are switching from a startline one piece bumper then you will need a grille and all the bumper trims to go with it so factor that in

Retail on a primed bumper for painting is £244 + vat but if you are switching from a startline one piece bumper then you will need a grille and all the bumper trims to go with it so factor that in
Is that for an OEM bumper ? If so then thats not much more than the 2nd ones on Ebay. Yes i know i need the upper grill, lower grill 3 pieces etc.. I've been looking at some on vanstyle that are nice

Yes thats oem RRP price from VW but its a totally plain bumper so needs all the other bits
Please dont use these part numbers as there are loads of variations for with/without foglights and parking sensors but this is the main bumper + grille + 5 x panels (so thats 2/3/11/4/6/7 in the pic above)

Capture.PNG

Yes thats oem RRP price from VW but its a totally plain bumper so needs all the other bits
Please dont use these part numbers as there are loads of variations for with/without foglights and parking sensors but this is the main bumper + grille + 5 x panels (so thats 2/3/11/4/6/7 in the pic above)

View attachment 66307
Great stuff, thanks Pauly

Please dont use these part numbers as there are loads of variations for with/without foglights and parking sensors but this is the main bumper +

View attachment 66307
Hi Pauly, what is the price please for no.11 (grill) as its not on that list ? There is a radiator grill (no.5) on that list but i'm not sure what it is ? , thanks

I’ve got one you can have for £150! On the van for less than 1000 miles

actually I have all the genuine grills
Thanks mate but if you look at a post from Pauly higher up , the radiator grill is only £56+ vat brand new from vw

Yeah, no fair enough I wasn’t really serious.

You will need to get the badge assembly too as it looks like that not included in the picture.

I do have the radiator grill, lowers grills (with trims) and the fog lamp trims if you want to make an offer. Although, I was looking to get them all painted gloss black and refit them and the centre lower grill (7 but with a hole for the radar) is already at the body shop as a tester.

I also have a gloss black THQ badgeless grill that was only fitted for a week.

Is there no sprayed up complete second hand bumpers that come on eBay? Also travelin lite do upgrade kits

Good luck in whatever you do
Chris

Yeah, no fair enough I wasn’t really serious.

You will need to get the badge assembly too as it looks like that not included in the picture.

I do have the radiator grill, lowers grills (with trims) and the fog lamp trims if you want to make an offer. Although, I was looking to get them all painted gloss black and refit them and the centre lower grill (7 but with a hole for the radar) is already at the body shop as a tester.

I also have a gloss black THQ badgeless grill that was only fitted for a week.

Is there no sprayed up complete second hand bumpers that come on eBay? Also travelin lite do upgrade kits

Good luck in whatever you do
Chris
Do the travelin lite parts come painted or just primered?
in what way are they upgrades?
thanks

I think they just come primed but best to check their site. They are upgrade from start line the highline and T5 all the way up to T6.1 now I believe and everything in between, some of it is OEM some of it isn’t I believe.

I think they just come primed but best to check their site. They are upgrade from start line the highline and T5 all the way up to T6.1 now I believe and everything in between, some of it is OEM some of it isn’t I believe.
Cheers. Think i may just go oem and get them
Painted or get the originals painted by a decent bodyshop

Just jumping in on this thread as I’m looking to do the same (startline to highline look) with a T6.1.
@Pauly I don’t suppose you have the parts list for the 6.1 front end and an idea of cost for the primed bumper. I was thinking of buying a set of gloss black trims from van style or Leighton vans to go with it. Cheers
PS- I note that travelinlite do a kit for £1100 with all the bits including fogs. I’m not sure how that works out compared to buying the bits separately but I fancied the gloss black grilles so don’t really want the kit.

I have been looking at the travelinlite kit too and have not found any on ebay etc.. going to call vw tomorrow but if there are any part numbers that would be helpful..

I have been looking at the travelinlite kit too and have not found any on ebay etc.. going to call vw tomorrow but if there are any part numbers that would be helpful..
Think the part numbers are mentioned further back in the chat

Back