T6.1 Front parking sensor blanks

CSPhoto

Evening all,

I'm doing a bit of a startline to highline upgrade on my t6.1 and I've got a front bumper on the way (hoping the colour matches, it's Ascot Grey and looks in good condition but fingers crossed its the same shade as apparently there are two...)

Anyway I've picked up an aftermarket fog light kit but I'm still going to have holes where the parking sensors were. I don't fancy the £500 upgrade to get it retrofitted so I'm looking at just getting some blanks to fit in. A full set of vw ones will be about £80 and seems a bit pointless if they aren't being wired in. Does anyone know the specs on the sensors or if there are blanks available? Thinking I might be able to pick up a cheap set on eBay and just detach the wires and use them as blanks?

Any help much appreciated!

If you Google ‘parking sensor blanks’ there are results, just sort through the size you need.

I bought some little hole plugs off eBay, they look absolutely fine (matte textured finish) and they've stayed in for the last 3k or so. Search for hole plugs or blanking grommets, the ones I got were for 14-21mm holes and they were under a fiver.

Evening all,

I'm doing a bit of a startline to highline upgrade on my t6.1 and I've got a front bumper on the way (hoping the colour matches, it's Ascot Grey and looks in good condition but fingers crossed its the same shade as apparently there are two...)

Anyway I've picked up an aftermarket fog light kit but I'm still going to have holes where the parking sensors were. I don't fancy the £500 upgrade to get it retrofitted so I'm looking at just getting some blanks to fit in. A full set of vw ones will be about £80 and seems a bit pointless if they aren't being wired in. Does anyone know the specs on the sensors or if there are blanks available? Thinking I might be able to pick up a cheap set on eBay and just detach the wires and use them as blanks?

Let me know if you're struggling, I'm sure I have a spare set of blanks. I picked up a new Ascot Grey highline bumper from PWA in Coventry recently for £250, perfect match, he gave me a set of blanks. I got the dog bones from LV which came with another set. Happy to send for postage...

Evening all,

Hi. I am looking to buy some Ascot Grey bumpers for my Startline campervan. I was seaching for the parking sensor blanks when I cam across this thread. Did you get these and do you have the link? I am a little concerned when you say there are 2 shades of Ascot grey. I have not yet brought these bumpers. Are the 2 shades standard and metallic. Or are there 2 different RAL codes for the standard shade?

Hi. I am looking to buy some Ascot Grey bumpers for my Startline campervan. I was seaching for the parking sensor blanks when I cam across this thread. Did you get these and do you have the link? I am a little concerned when you say there are 2 shades of Ascot grey. I have not yet brought these bumpers. Are the 2 shades standard and metallic. Or are there 2 different RAL codes for the standard shade?
Sent you a pm Pashley!

Back