OBDEleven has stopped working

CarpyT6

Team Reflex Silver
T6 Guru
Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched the forum.and couldn't find any info. My Obdeleven has suddenly stopped working, once plugged into the obd port there is no lights on or anything. Click connect on the app and i just get a spinning circle. Bluetooth seems to have lost the pairing with the dongle too, and when i scan for nearby devices i cannot find the obdeleven anywhere. It is the first generation white model. The only think i can think of is i had an android update at the weekend, but don't understand why that would lose my bluetooth pairing etc.

Has anybody had this or know how to reconnect?

Have e mailed obdeleven but they just said pair the dongle with phone.,which I've tried.

Cheers

No lights is not a good sign to start with.

The first generation dongle has a steady red light in top right corner (seen through the casing) and a blinking (1/s) yellow'ish below that. That's when the dongle is plugged in T6 OBD socket, driver's door open, ignition off.

No lights is not a good sign to start with.

The first generation dongle has a steady red light in top right corner (seen through the casing) and a blinking (1/s) yellow'ish below that. That's when the dongle is plugged in T6 OBD socket, driver's door open, ignition off.
Does the door need to be open then? When i tried it last the door was shut. It's really stumped me because i literally used it last weekend and now it's completely stopped working.

Sorry about confusing - I just like exact and detailed procedure to test - with absolutely minimum steps involved :geek: Also much easier to check the status of the dongle lights ;)

If ignition is OFF having driver's door open keeps the CAN Gateway alive - when door is closed it will shut down in a few minutes which would create just more confusion. Ignition on - door status doesn't matter then.

Sorry about confusing - I just like exact and detailed procedure to test - with absolutely minimum steps involved :geek: Also much easier to check the status of the dongle lights ;)

If ignition is OFF having driver's door open keeps the CAN Gateway alive - when door is closed it will shut down in a few minutes which would create just more confusion. Ignition on - door status doesn't matter then.
Okay got ya, i will try again and see if it works. Cheers :thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Okay got ya, i will try again and see if it works. Cheers :thumbsup:
So just tried again both ways no lights no joy. Just tried in the wife's Audi Q5 which I've used it on in the past, no lights no joy. Quessing the dongle is ready for the bin:cry:

@mmi is there any benefit for buying the next generation dongle over the old white one?

When i first got this one (2017) it was much cheaper to buy the standard white one, for about £40 then pay approx £10 -20 to upgrade to pro. Where as the pro dongle was about £120 to buy.

@mmi is there any benefit for buying the next generation dongle over the old white one?

When i first got this one (2017) it was much cheaper to buy the standard white one, for about £40 then pay approx £10 -20 to upgrade to pro. Where as the pro dongle was about £120 to buy.
The new one is said to have more processing power, however can't really tell in normal use. Perhaps can be seen in more intensive tasks, e.g. live data logging. Would expect to (better?) maintain compatibility with late/future cars - perhaps .

Anyways, as you already have the PRO license, only thing you need is a new dongle. The existing license works with both types of OBDeleven dongles.

For new generation one (dongle only) currently 59€ --> NextGen OBDeleven device - For car Diagnostics Programming Monitoring

Certainly could buy the first generation dongle only - while supplies last :rolleyes: - it was already discontinued some time ago. However, still seems to be updated - the dongle received firmware update yesterday when I plugged it in (still ignition off).

The new one is said to have more processing power, however can't really tell in normal use. Perhaps can be seen in more intensive tasks, e.g. live data logging. Would expect to (better?) maintain compatibility with late/future cars - perhaps .

Anyways, as you already have the PRO license, only thing you need is a new dongle. The existing license works with both types of OBDeleven dongles.

For new generation one (dongle only) currently 59€ --> NextGen OBDeleven device - For car Diagnostics Programming Monitoring

Certainly could buy the first generation dongle only - while supplies last :rolleyes: - it was already discontinued some time ago. However, still seems to be updated - the dongle received firmware update yesterday when I plugged it in (still ignition off).
Brilliant, thought i would have to buy the pro licence again!

Thanks @mmi Very helpfull

My new first gen obdeleven turned up today, paid £42 from amazon. Worked straightaway and connected to bluetooth instantly, my old one is definitely going in the bin!

• Love
Back