Not as comfy as a car!

I went to Steve @CRS Performance and he changed my suspension. 45mm drop and it's totally transformed the comfort of the ride.
Looks better too.
Mines a T32 and bounced around more than Zebedee. Its now much more planted and smoother. The difference is like night and day.

I'm still on 17's running at 40 Psi as I decided against getting into the wheels scene, so that helps.

Certainly recommend CRS. :thumbsup:

Your not far from me and you are more than welcome to have a drive of mine. I have a Caravelle which has been lowered about 50mm ( I tow a caravan) on H&R springs but with Koni suspension and I also have H&R ARB which is set to the more responsive setting. I had it set up by Steve @CRS Performance whilst is was on 17” Devonports but I have now gone to 19” Cantara’s with 255/45/19 103XL

Your not far from me and you are more than welcome to have a drive of mine. I have a Caravelle which has been lowered about 50mm ( I tow a caravan) on H&R springs but with Koni suspension and I also have H&R ARB which is set to the more responsive setting. I had it set up by Steve @CRS Performance whilst is was on 17” Devonports but I have now gone to 19” Cantara’s with 255/45/19 103XL
Thank you for this I’ll take you up on your offer. Can I get in touch early September to sort a date out? Massive thanks

I went to Steve @CRS Performance and he changed my suspension. 45mm drop and it's totally transformed the comfort of the ride.
Looks better too.
Mines a T32 and bounced around more than Zebedee. Its now much more planted and smoother. The difference is like night and day.

I'm still on 17's running at 40 Psi as I decided against getting into the wheels scene, so that helps.

Certainly recommend CRS. :thumbsup:
Thank you

So the moral of this story is that you should buy an overpriced van and then spend a small fortune to make that overpriced van a semi-decent drive which should have been VWs job in the first place. One also wonders how many people are running at 40PSI which might well be lower than VW advice for a specific tyre/wheel combo and how insurance companies might react in the event of an accident.

Reactions: DXX
Thank you for this I’ll take you up on your offer. Can I get in touch early September to sort a date out? Massive thanks
No problem, I am away the weekends of the 11th & 18th Sept so before or after is fine

One also wonders how many people are running at 40PSI which might well be lower than VW advice for a specific tyre/wheel combo and how insurance companies might react in the event of an accident.

All manufactures have upped their recommended tyre pressures in recent years, as those are what they use to get their emission figures. It must be remembered that they are 'recommended'.

The amount of cars I see with deflated tyres is shocking (bit of a spotter). Followed a car on the A1(M) at 70 with an obvious under inflated rear tyre for miles - an accident (or inconvenience) waiting to happen. If safe I’ll always tell people and have been known to pump up tyres in Morrisons car park for an elderly driver!

A carefully monitored 40psi is fine with me!

my tyres are 40 psi ( with Nitrogen ) 255/45/18 ....after 18k the tread wear is flat Even ( but get it tracked once a year ) but I’m not commercial ( leisure Kombi ) ;)

So the moral of this story is that you should buy an overpriced van and then spend a small fortune to make that overpriced van a semi-decent drive which should have been VWs job in the first place. One also wonders how many people are running at 40PSI which might well be lower than VW advice for a specific tyre/wheel combo and how insurance companies might react in the event of an accident.
Enjoy the forum mate and perhaps go buy a Ford?

The quest to make these vans drive like a car is probably the most important mod on the list . advantages are more comfort , better handling, safer braking . For VW its not been a priority because the basic original suspension was for a VAN . no one expects a Van to ride like a car really . Fitting a decent shock is a must, lowered or not , springs don't really improve comfort in fact they generally make it worse . A good shock ( KONI is right up there as mentioned by some contributors to this thread ) will improve body roll and limit pitch under braking as well as control the unsprung mass making the ride better and it will ride like a car !!! . ARB have been mentioned as well but generally they help body roll in corners, and wont improve comfort in a straight line , they weren't designed to ! Changing tyres and wheels is also right on the top of the list of things to do and they do affect comfort obviously , To get the same rolling diameter tyre on a 20 inch wheel you need to fit a 275 30 20 tyre and this will be harsh as there is little tyre wall to soak up bumps . Most people fit bigger rolling diameter tyres to get comfort back , 275 35 20 and 275 40 20 , there are a host of other sizes in 18 and 19 inch as well to consider . In our fitment centre the biggest disappointment is not being able to set the car at the best height because the wheel and tyre combo wasn't supplied correctly and the tyres touch so be careful here and do your research well . Might be worth asking the suppliers to guarantee there wont be any touching if the van is lowered , it might make them think a little more before supplying the incorrect parts .

Back