Non power close side door seized on T6.1

Sapper62

VIP Member
Hi - new to posting but have been massively helped by the forum in my conversion of a T6.1 over the last 6 months. Any issue I've hit so far you guys have the answer somewhere so thanks! However with the finish line in sight - and the first trip planned for Easter, I was just finishing off the last bits and pieces yesterday. All was good till I tried to cliose the rear passenger sliding door. It got stuck with about 10mm of gap so now I cant shift it either way. Only thing I can think of is that somehow when adding a reading light in the pop top area I've drilled a cable - you can imagine the expletives! Before undertaking any serious digging around is there anything else I might check before that.

I just have the standard door, no power close etc. Most post seem to refer to issues with these. Have removed the inegral table and card, can hear the door trying to release but no movement.

Many thanks for any pointers

Not quite sure what your problem is, are you saying it’s mechanically jammed in a certain position? If so I’m not sure what the reference to drilling a cable means. If it’s mechanical, have you checked that you haven’t got something stuck in the bottom runner. We had a tiny bit of gravel in ours & you’d think it was the end of the world with the grating & judderin.
Or are you saying that the door lock has released, but only partially, so it’s come off the stop, but still latched?

^^^^ WHS - very easy for a small item to jam that bottom runner, drill bit, screw etc dropped unnoticed.

Hi - immediate problem is identified, overall issue maybe not! I removed the led spotlight and hey presto, the door works again so it was the 'door lock has released, but only partially, so it’s come off the stop, but still latched' scenario. I must have caught the wire/cable running thru the side channel that was fitted with the pop top. Going to have to sort that, but at least the door shuts now and I can lock the van!

Nothing else seems to be afftected so am hoping this is just either the control module (not sure if I would have one as described elsewhere on the forum), or Protection Control unit which I assume is for the locking system?

Many thanks

Ours has power latching but not power closing. We had a problem when leaves from a hedge got caught in the door so it wouldn't open with the external handle.
I opened it from inside quite easily. I found leaves had got into the electrical connectors on the front edges of door & frame apparently breaking the circuit that is operated by the outside handle. That stopped that handle from doing anything, but the inside one seems to be mechanical & so wasn't affected.
Cleaning out the leaf debris cured the problem.
I think this backs up your theory that you have a broken circuit somewhere!

Back