No Side Lights Or Interior Lights

alecs

Chaps,
Hope someone can help with this.
About 2 years ago I got a detachable tow-bar fitted with 7-pin electrics socket. Tested it out with a light board at the time of purchase and everything was sweet. I didn't actually end up using a trailer until the other day.
Last Weds I went to purchase a trailer and because I wanted a couple of extras fitted, couldn't pick it up straight away, but once again, I tested out the van electrics with a lightboard at the trailer dealer.
On Friday, I had to borrow a trailer from a mate. As soon as I've plugged the trailer in, I got an orange "lightbulb" warning light on the dash, and soon realised that my interior lights and rear tail-lights are out. I've tried checking every fuse and just had a guy at Halfords try to replace the side-light bulbs.
Nothing has worked.
Any ideas?

Dash fusebox 5th one up from bottom left, will be the first blade fuse and prob a 7.5A

And if connecting a trailer has caused it then the towbar has been fitted very cheaply and wired directly i to the rear lights (which is unacceptable in my opinion !)

I saw in another post with a similar issue that you have to "cycle the ignition" to re-start?
How do you do this? I've turned the key all the way on and off a couple of times, but still no joy....

Just in case you have the wrong fuse here is a pic with an arrow pointing to it - I had similar issue and understand your frustration 055276A2-8E6A-4181-A127-B6455F52F0DD.jpeg

Back