Nic's Centre Dash-Console swap

@ZipcodeUK , thanks for a great write up, i've got the parts off Pauly to do this mod, did you do anything with the Usb ?
Penry

Nope, I just left the little whole open for now. When I can be bothered enough I'm going to move my subwoofer controller to there or I might put a switch in that spot for when I do the internal lighting

Great guide, I bought the bits from Pauly and fits mine today, this guide makes it a relatively straight forward job, thank you very much for doing it

Complete centre console is £350
Cooling pipe/outlet is £30 if required then theres a rubber tray insert for drawer and blank cover for additional USB socket if desired for a few quid
Postage is £15

Complete centre console is £350
Cooling pipe/outlet is £30 if required then theres a rubber tray insert for drawer and blank cover for additional USB socket if desired for a few quid
Postage is £15

Can I have one of these please @Pauly.

Just been looking at the hose for the glove box and/or bottle cooler. Will it become obvious when I start the job where this goes? Would something like garden hose be ok to join the two bits of pipe together (where @ZipcodeUK used hydraulic hose).

@Ed Webb yes it’s quite obvious for the pipe routing, can’t remember what I used for joining the two hoses but garden hose will do if it’s small enough to fit inside. The fiddly bit is joining the hose to the solid plastic pipe for the wine cooler, not much room to get your fingers in, couple of cable tys does the job as the photo to hold in place.
Regarding the floor being a bit short I just cut a couple of pieces off a gym mat, put under the rubber floor to lift it up, I’ve got no gap at all showing.

@Ed Webb, the routing becomes pretty obvious when you start. I'd connect the hose to the plastic bit before trying to route it though because the area is tight!
I'm sure a piece of hose would work fine, you just need something that forms a nice tight fitting seal. You could put a small amount of silicon to help seal the connection. It's more so it doesn't split again.

Small update on this, i have been poking around on etka recently and found some more variations on hose part numbers so ordered a few bits too see what they were and i have found an identical hose thats slightly longer in length on both sides !
@Ed Webb i will send you the one i have to try out and see how it fits, hopefully without needing to extend

Here’s a pic of the hose
I measured it and it’s one metre end to end

9595E0DF-8E53-43EC-AAF2-B278B0502005.jpeg

Back