Newbie wanting a van for eBikes

R1JIM

Hi guys , now looking for my first transporter as a E bike van to get around better. (3 bikes) Any advice gladly accepted, my thoughts are T6 SWB high line , kombucha would be great if there is 6ft load space with rear seats folded …

Welcome to the forum!

Plenty of inspiration here, just need to search!

Try here for a starter:

If you have modern mountain bikes then they're probaby quite long. With my SWB Kombi before conversion to a camper I could just squeeze in two with 27.5" wheels ... diagonally with some good padding between to stop frame damage. I imagine LWB might give you room for three inside with wheels on.

Yes I have 2 x 29ers and one 27.5 , 29ers are 6ft wheels on was hoping SWB with rear seats folded would give me enough room ..

I don't think so, if you want to keep the bikes upright. If the rear seat is split two + one you might lift the double out to make it possible. Then you'd have room for three persons and three bikes.

Both my 29er E bike and my enduro bike have 1330mm wheelbase, and won't go into my swb kombi without the front wheels removed, and with the tripple seat tipped forward.
We are travelling to Les Gets in the French Alps this week in a lwb kombi, and will have 5 long, enduro bikes in the back, with the front wheels off, pedals off and handle bars turned, and there will also be room for enough food and beer for the week, as well as our luggage.

Thanks everyone, looks like I have more head scratching to do , SWB / LWB wheels in or out …
appreciate the ideas thanks

Just a thought , will 29er E bikes fit the SWB wheels in taking out the rear seats ?? on shorter journeys don’t always want the wheels out

Why do you need to keep the wheels on the bikes? It takes seconds to fit/remove a front wheel.
Absolutely, and removing seats is a right ball ache.

My MASSIVE Ebike will fit diagonally in the back of my swb kombi with the rear seats upright if I'm going on my own somewhere.

Back