New van project

So I've made a start on the backing for the rear of the shelves that are being made for me at the moment. They will probably need cutting down but they will make a good background. IMG_2391.jpeg

We have shelves! Just need to drill a hole for some switches, fit the LED lights, attach the backboard, trim them in carpet and make an infill panel for the passenger side!
IMG_2460.jpeg
IMG_2461.jpeg

Pictures of the back if anyone wants to make their own:
IMG_2445.jpegIMG_2446.jpeg

IMG_2444.jpeg

Also started on upgrading the dash, going for a half comfort dash! As much as i love the look of the vw glovebox i think im going to have to buy the Van-X one as i dont think i could cut the dash up! Just need to get the speedo surround painted to match and maybe some other bits.
IMG_2470.jpeg
IMG_2471.jpeg
IMG_2472.jpeg

Had the friday off work and thought id get the shelves sorted, how wrong i was! Was meant to leave for camping at 4:30 but was struggling to get them to clip back in so I've had to leave them out for this weekend! Didnt even get a photo of them back together.

However they are now carpeted, have LED’s fitted and have a backboard on. Will post those pics when im back
IMG_2527.jpegIMG_2526.jpegIMG_2528.jpeg

Finally got one side fitted! Had to space ot out a bit but its in. Wired up the usb and light switch but for some reason the led on the dimmer switch kept illuminating slightly even though the light was off. Left it for today as its dark, will mess tomorrow.
IMG_2578.jpegIMG_2579.jpeg

Fitted a new dimmer switch and that worked fine, so will see what its like when i come to do the otherside. I have got the passenger side shelf fitted now but no lights in it as my brother has stolen my soldering iron! IMG_2595.jpeg

The whole interior's looking great Sam - fab work. :thumbsup:

Well it turns out that the top mounts i bought from Travelinlite are the wrong ones, although advertised as T6 they are actually for a T5.1 and also the rear spring mounts are wrong but that one was on me!

Quick flying visit to TPS and i got the right ones.

I totally agree - and now you're getting the rest of the van sorted, you can be proud of what you've achieved.
Thanks! Just got some of my LED’s to sort in the shelf again as one has failed and build a little bed extension so my feet aren’t hanging off the end and i will be happy for a bit!

Well we made it to the campsite perfectly fine, might have to heat up the arch liner a little bit to get it out the way due the fat tyres, will probably get lower profile not T32 related but speak to the insurance about the modification as my tyres aren't actually checked as part of the MOT as its done on class 4.
a86b6a97-13d9-425a-8403-48e5ae84da42.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Had the tracking done after the solow’s were fitted! Not sure what it means but i think it feels alot better.
IMG_4281.jpeg

Back