New to this

Ah, only for the Thetford green stuff....
Thought so. The blue one is illegal in domestic drains. Have to get the green one...

I can’t find that online, I know it’s not suitable if you have a septic tank.

I can’t find that online, I know it’s not suitable if you have a septic tank.

I can't find anything on this either except on sceptic tanks... in fact most manufacturers list is as acceptable. I still try to empty mine on site as I'd rather not take it into my house and risk spillage.

I think it used to contain formaldehyde but I believe that Thetford blue doesn’t contain it any more.

... but how do you empty at home if you're not supposed to dump chemicals into the domestic drains?
Like most of you have done...all the stuff I’ve read points to using camp site facilities for disposal as it’s classed as bulk waste..but the grey area is that no one is saying you can’t empty it at home...but always mix correctly and use the greener ( less harmful ) chemicals
my way of thinking ...An Infrequent release to drain is acceptable..a bulk release would knock out the sewer system

Thanks @A Bridge Too Far! Fantastic tips.
We have a 12, 8 and 2 year old. My husband and 12 year old are happy to sleep in the awning. But the 12 and 8 year old fit comfortably up top. We have bought a stitches and steel bunk thing as well for the front seat for 2 year old (closer to 3).

Back