New to campervan t6

Bertie1964

have just had my T6 2018 converted now looking for some advice on what electric kettle to use and a microwave, van has had electrics with converter fitted im new to all this and have a thousand question but will just start with these two
cheers

Reactions: CAB
Hi Mate and welcome to your new life.

Are you planning off grid(no access to hook up) or camp site(electric hook up) camping.

My wife and I are mostly Campsite with Electric hook up campers and if we do ever not then we use the gas rings to boil water for her tea. Ref Microwave, I have heard of people taking their kitchen one and using that if on a campsite. If going for in built one, I've no idea,

Congratulations on joining the club!

Got any photos?

There are several threads on camping equipment etc you should probably check out and have you tried the search function for kettles? We have a kettle for the gas stove and no microwave in the van so can’t help myself with your questions unfortunately

Welcome!!
Probably worth looking and posting details on your electrical setup, what spec inverter, hook up details etc you have as this will play a major part is specifying an electrical kettle. In reality an electric kettle has a huge power draw and is only likely to be suitable on EHU (Electrical hook up) at a campsite unless you have a beast of a battery.

some good info on kettles and power here:

For boiling water quickly gas is usually the best option

have just had my T6 2018 converted now looking for some advice on what electric kettle to use and a microwave, van has had electrics with converter fitted im new to all this and have a thousand question but will just start with these two
cheers
We have 2 kettles, gas & electric. Gas for when “on the road” or when stealthing. Electric when on EHU. Unless you have a very high capacity (I.e. expensive.) battery system, you’re not going to be running kettles & microwaves unless you’re on EHU. For perspective, we have a lithium battery/1600w inverter/1500w leccy kettle and still use gas when off grid. We save the battery for all the things that gas can’t do. Lights/phone charging/Webasto/fridge etc.

Our gas kettle has a whistle too which I firmly believe is a camping essential, like the smell of bacon cooking in the morning :)
Me too, I like to make sure that it is fully boiled by letting the little blighter whistle away for a good minute or two, especially if we have had noisy neighbours from the night before.

PS: Welcome Bertie.

Back