Changing rear cam

Sipoote

Hi there. I have a T6 campervan, which has already been converted/retroffited. I had a number plate with small camera installed, but the quality isn’t great. I am looking to get an Alpine Halo 11 and would like to upgrade my numberplate reversing camera for a better camera. Would I be able to remove the old camera and use existing wiring to connect a new one? I don’t want to have to remove all interior to try to rewire a new camera. Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Don’t see why not! You can always swap out the wiring if it doesn’t work for you

It depends on which wiring the existing camera has but with the Alpine camera, I would plan to expect a new loom to need to be run.

You may be lucky but generally it is best to use the loom that comes with the camera. Especially if you get one with multiple angles etc.

Running the new cable isn't too tricky, just have long rods available!

It depends on which wiring the existing camera has but with the Alpine camera, I would plan to expect a new loom to need to be run.

You may be lucky but generally it is best to use the loom that comes with the camera. Especially if you get one with multiple angles etc.

Running the new cable isn't too tricky, just have long rods available!
Thank you

Back