New T6 fuel pump

rgp5454

Well after a few weeks ownership and about 1500 miles my fuel pump decided to pack in and leak all over my engine bay. So my 205 kombi is in the dealership currently waiting for a pump to be "sourced", however long that will take??? So I'm currently stuck with a Fiat Diablo rental van, which is complete s**t to be honest.

My van was taken to VW Cardiff at approx 1 pm, I had to insist on a taxi home as got fed up of waiting for a replacement van. Finally picked up a van from Enterprise car hire at 10.20pm. Tbh terrible service from VW customer services.

Sod that, go back and demand a vehicle, or they call VW for you, take the demo one or their parts delivery one!

VW are paying for the van rental but I thought I'd be given another Transporter tbh. VW are calling me back tomorrow to let me know availability of the fuel pump if it's going to be more than a few days then they can swap this rental van over for something better.

Well finally had my van back today, new fuel pump, timing belt and alternator belt fitted,due to contamination. Apparently first fuel pump that has leaked in U.K. on new Euro 6 engine???. Total cost if I had to pay would have been over 2k

Back