New T6 Badgeless Grill

Glad I went all black. Now who’s going to be brave enough to put their lights in the oven to remove the lenses and black the chrome in there :sneaky::whistle:

Glad I went all black. Now who’s going to be brave enough to put their lights in the oven to remove the lenses and black the chrome in there :sneaky::whistle:
Now that's another conundrum because if you take the aftermarket LED headlights then the black should/would be the obvious choice. However, again I feel the same where the chrome lights look more OEM and not as "dated".

You're lucky, all Black seems to work much better on a none Black T6, where as I think all Black is too much on a Black T6, but I might wrap the chrome to see if I can live with it.

We looked at removing the lenses and Blacking the chrome in the headlight when it was in the body shop, but I concluded the lights cost far too much money to risk.

However, this is well within your skills Deaky, so be my guest :thumbsup:

Looks much better without the badge mate :thumbsup:

Did the chrome strip just peel off and was gloss underneath or did you really wrap it?

Looks much better without the badge mate :thumbsup:

Did the chrome strip just peel off and was gloss underneath or did you really wrap it?

The chrome is still there under the wrap.
I'm no pro when it comes to wrapping, but I did the job temporarily until I make my mind up if I want it Black or Chrome.
My 16 year old petrol headed daughter said it looks "deh bomb" in all Black, and that's good enough for now.

You know me, next week I will change it again probably.

Last edited:
So my van is away being converted at the moment, but how does the VW Badge in the front grill come apart/take off please ?

So my van is away being converted at the moment, but how does the VW Badge in the front grill come apart/take off please ?

If you mean to look like mine, it doesn't.

You need to go back to the first page of this thread for the correct information, but sadly the grills are sold out now in all Black..

So I had a big box turn up from TransporterHQ today. Is it wrong that I told Mrs DaveyB a little white lie?
When tackled by SWMBO about “what have you been buying now!”, I couldn’t help myself, the words that came out of my mouth were:-
“It’s @Fish ‘s, he’s now run out of space hiding all of his boxes, so I said i’d hold it for him”.
Is that wrong?:rolleyes::eek::thumbsup::thumbsdown:
Not sure whether or not she really believes me.

Wait till she comes running in the house shouting that some lowlife has robbed your VW badge.
How you going to respond to that one?

Oh and no point saying she won't notice because it's pretty obvious.

Wait till she comes running in the house shouting that some lowlife has robbed your VW badge.
How you going to respond to that one?

Oh and no point saying she won't notice because it's pretty obvious.
Trust me, she’d not have a clue, i’ll just baffle her through distraction technique.
“Grill, what grill, are you mad, look at new roof - shiny shiny, pop up, pop down” simples really!:rofl:

Trust me, she’d not have a clue, i’ll just baffle her through distraction technique.
“Grill, what grill, are you mad, look at new roof - shiny shiny, pop up, pop down” simples really!:rofl:

My wife noticed straight away and said where's that new grill from and how much was it! I told her it's not a new grill, it's the original one I de-badged. :whistle:

Back