New T6 Badgeless Grill

Removed my lower grill on Friday and set to it with sandpaper and primer etc, The gloss black has now had its 3rd coat and once hard enough i will 1200 wet flat the paintwork yet again and then start the lacquering process in earnest! The reason being that the drl lights are being fitted on wednesday. Thank god for hairdryers and warm airing cupboards. Will supply pics next weekend as am fitting gloss black badgeless top grill at the same time. (Brace yourself Rodney!!!)

The chrome is still there under the wrap.
I'm no pro when it comes to wrapping, but I did the job temporarily until I make my mind up if I want it Black or Chrome.
My 16 year old petrol headed daughter said it looks "deh bomb" in all Black, and that's good enough for now.

You know me, next week I will change it again probably.

Love both but you know what, the single chrome is my fav, breaks it up a bit and blends with lights so looks more OEM.

Deffinalty needs the chrome strip otherwise the headlights make it look unfinished. Looks good :thumbsup:

Is pink a step too far for foglights?!

Vans now all freshly wrapped and clean, hope you approve

View attachment 22384
I think pink would work. The same shade as your 'P'

Its possibly that we've all got so used to seeing such a big VW badge that it takes a bit of time to get used to it not being there. As the grills start to hit the roads the idea may grow on some and will help people adjust to not always seeing such a massive badge.

So today I finally gave in and swapped back to my original grill. The main reason being that I liked the look, but didn't love it and kept looking back at pictures of mine as it was and preferring it in it's original form. (plus too many Black T5.1 with this grill and it looks too similar)
I think this grill suits certain colours, but Black on Black, with so much Black is too much for me, and it needed to go back to how it was.

I've just put the grill and a few other parts on the sales section if any grill fans want one of these much cheaper than buying new from Transporter HQ.

20180519_112853.jpg

I have one here unfitted because I don't know if it will work.

Now I am leaning towards getting an ABT one and colour code it for the moneypit:D

I much prefer the standard grill. I was full on badgeless grill fanboy on the t5.1 even filled the half-moon dip on the bumper and repainted it.

41504723164_8d93863d65_b.jpg

Still not seen anyone with a caravelle grill and painted the middle strip glass black keeping the very upper chrome strip like mine.
41504723174_bf6000a907_b.jpg

Nooooo.

Yours looks the nuts as it is.
You will regret it :eek:

I think you have a point mate.Since the colour coded wheel caps have been on and the horrible chrome mirror trims off I think I have maybe managed the look I wanted after all:thumbsup:

Back