New T6 Badgeless Grill

So I had a big box turn up from TransporterHQ today. Is it wrong that I told Mrs DaveyB a little white lie?
When tackled by SWMBO about “what have you been buying now!”, I couldn’t help myself, the words that came out of my mouth were:-
“It’s @Fish ‘s, he’s now run out of space hiding all of his boxes, so I said i’d hold it for him”.
Is that wrong?:rolleyes::eek::thumbsup::thumbsdown:
Not sure whether or not she really believes me.

This is disgusting.! No wonder my name becomes tarnished..
However, I don't think my grill your holding will fit my van, its for a twin-slider model.... so you can keep it mate.. i'll put it down to experiance.

But would suggest that you find an alternative postal collection point.. mine works great.. @StudleyGlass ,Jase gets to try before buy..lol

I agree.
I saw this beast in the flesh the other day, but it was on the same 18 steels you have, just not banded. It's a nice bit of kit, but its had huge money thrown at it.

Anyone tried a 4motion badge in this grill yet... got a glass black one but not got round to trying it yet

Anyone tried a 4motion badge in this grill yet... got a glass black one but not got round to trying it yet

A perfect weekend job whilst it's raining. Mine fits half way into my garage, but yours on it's lowest setting will fit through your letterbox, so you can do it in your front room :thumbsup:

As for the 4motion badge, surely that will detract from the clean simple look of de-badged?

A perfect weekend job whilst it's raining. Mine fits half way into my garage, but yours on it's lowest setting will fit through your letterbox, so you can do it in your front room :thumbsup:

As for the 4motion badge, surely that will detract from the clean simple look of de-badged?
Yeah down to personal preference I think it will be nice and subtle

Yeah down to personal preference I think it will be nice and subtle
Agreed and as I said earlier in the thread. It's always going to be subjective what looks better but even the badgeless grill for me needs a badge or something, just not necessarily the huge round VW badge.

These grills are nice in theory, but in reality they are quite hard to get used to, and personally I think I might go back to the standard one before too long.

I can totally see what you mean though @Deaky and I wonder if this is a mod that will take off or flop. For me, there seems to be so many T5s that have done this, and it's knocked the edge off the mod for the T6. Just my opinion.

You need the bottom plastics doing gloss black too I think if your going gloss black grill... it’s what I’m planning with carbon strips

Back