New T6 Badgeless Grill

Whoop whoop, just had an email from transporter HQ to tell me my grill has been dispatched.

I saw your box and stuck a penknife into the side of it by accident :whistle:

Anyway, as you can tell from the pic, I did it first and any others are just replicas of mine as usual..

Picked mine up today from Andy, who's a top chap and very happy to chat T6's for ages which is always a bonus.
The grill is not a bad job to fit if you know how to remove your front bumper, and thankfully I do after removing it twice already. The painted aspect of the Gloss Black grill is really nice quality, and the grill is also good. Yeah, you can tell it's an aftermarket part, and it takes a little persuasion to fit in comparison to the original one, but that's to be expected.
I had to buy the single chrome strip version because the all Black ones had sold out, and I wasn't waiting 8 weeks. The chrome strip is not easy to remove and almost designed to break the odd clip on removal, but thankfully only lost 1 which didn't effect re-fitting it.
I was going to just have the chrome strip painted the same gloss Black, but after pondering, I felt that it actually looked better with that chrome to break up all the Black, but the all Black ones would possibly suit a different colour, because it looked nice on their Red one. I might change my mind in the future and Black it, but for now I prefer the badgeless grill as it is.

Overall i'm chuffed with the mod, but also have the bonus of my original front grill that's already gloss Blacked if I ever fancy a change.

20180424_121850-COLLAGE.jpg

Hmmm, I'm not sure. For me, though I'm not overly keen on the chrome badges, it gives it a dated look and detracts from the modern looks the T6 has. I have 2 gloss black badges here that I can't fully justify fitting for the same reason.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. For me, though I'm not overly keen on the chrome badges, it gives it a dated look and detracts from the modern looks the T6 has. I have 2 gloss black badges here that I can't fully justify fitting for the same reason.

I get that line of thought totally.
Personally i'm not a fan of chrome on anything if it's plastic, but also not a huge fan of the VW badges on the nose of a T6, hence why I tried to gloss Black it originally and it didn't work. This is a compromise for me, and gives the Black front a bit more of an aggressive feel to look at, which is what I want to achieve.

nor me, but I'm still trying to work out what they do with the Badgers...
What the heck is that all about????? Whoever made that was totally off their face on LSD!
What ever possessed you to go looking for something like that @Loz? Having said that, whatever it is that you are taking, can I have some? It’d sure make the day go quicker.....

I get that line of thought totally.
Personally i'm not a fan of chrome on anything if it's plastic, but also not a huge fan of the VW badges on the nose of a T6, hence why I tried to gloss Black it originally and it didn't work. This is a compromise for me, and gives the Black front a bit more of an aggressive feel to look at, which is what I want to achieve.
I agree, hence my cross-post above.

I agree, hence my cross-post above.

The pictures don't do the look justice because it's the wrong angle and taken from that angle makes me want to go out and rip off that splitter, because that's spoiling it, but from a different angle it looks totally different.

The pictures don't do the look justice because it's the wrong angle and taken from that angle makes me want to go out and rip off that splitter, because that's spoiling it, but from a different angle it looks totally different.
Yeah, it does look a bit like it belongs on a fairground with an upright pole touching the roof for power. :D

51BBA6CE-9B34-447F-AA53-E476DA693C2F.jpeg

Last edited:
I like that, it seems to give the illusion of being wider..

Better picture, yes. However, I'm not convinced. It now needs gloss black bonnet grills. ;)

I know what it is! It looks like a modified T5 now.

Better picture, yes. However, I'm not convinced. It now needs gloss black bonnet grills. ;)

I know what it is! It looks like a modified T5 now.

There's no pleasing you is there. I got wet and everything taking that other pic, plus my van is filthy which is an @Tourershine cardinal sin on here.

Pffft... :(

Back