Swapped the standard wheel for a subtlety reshapped Mk7 Golf's c/w DSG paddles (purchased from a German seller on UK eBay)

Have to say it was an absolute doddle to fit... 25 minutes start to finish.

Before:
SmartSelect_20190518-132933_Gallery.jpg

After:
SmartSelect_20190518-132915_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
What springs did you put on?

I've literally just ordered mine...
Same engine etc... But now have a
14 week wait!?!

Like you want to get it looking as good as your ASAP... So starting to get the shopping list together so I can hit the ground running with the updates...

Hopefully you only have to go through the long wait, the once! Imagine how frustrating it is doing it twice.

Bilstein B14 Coilovers
H&R Anti Roll Bar's

The best mods I've done, by far!

Day 5 was far more special that Day 1, if I'm honest. This was the day of the most dramatic changes of all.

Alex from @merseyspeed was able to squeeze me in, at short notice, to fit a couple of parts that had been on hold from when the 1st van arrived. He also did me the service of fitting my wheels too. A real gent and highly recommended!!

View attachment 41449 View attachment 41450

Bilstein B14s
H&R ARB's
20" Judd T311R (bronze) - 9" Front & 10.5" Rear

What size tyres have you gone for on these alloys?

Well done fella, looking great, simple mods that have enhanced it loads. :thumbsup:

Lovely looking van there pal!

How are you finding the wheels and tyres? I've got my van booked in for Bilsteins and H&R ARB's but I'll still be running standard Davenport's for the time being.

I really want a set of T311r's, best wheel IMO

Cheers buddy.

After seeing a few with the same on here, I just had to have the staggered look. For that reason, as well as price and load rating, you can see why the T311r’s are so popular. The bronze colour choice is not so popular though, which to be honest. makes me like it more!

Can’t recommend the B14’s and ARB’s enough, totally transform the van….you’re going to love it.

As for tyre’s, no issues with the Eagle F1’s. In my honest opinion, if I was to choose again, I probably wouldn’t go 275 wide at the front. On full lock or a spirited drive on a B road, with the B14’s all the way down, they tend to rub on the inner arch lining.

Cheers buddy.

After seeing a few with the same on here, I just had to have the staggered look. For that reason, as well as price and load rating, you can see why the T311r’s are so popular. The bronze colour choice is not so popular though, which to be honest. makes me like it more!

Can’t recommend the B14’s and ARB’s enough, totally transform the van….you’re going to love it.

As for tyre’s, no issues with the Eagle F1’s. In my honest opinion, if I was to choose again, I probably wouldn’t go 275 wide at the front. On full lock or a spirited drive on a B road, with the B14’s all the way down, they tend to rub on the inner arch lining.

I agree the staggered look is a must! What size tyres are you running or would recommend in hindsight?

Also what ET, width did you go for and are you using spacers?

Sorry for all the questions

I agree the staggered look is a must! What size tyres are you running or would recommend in hindsight?

Also what ET, width did you go for and are you using spacers?

Sorry for all the questions

No apologies needed, ask away!!

No spacers
9" Front – ET38
10.5" Rear ET45
Tyres - 275/35/20

What would I go for next, now that is a question… I really don’t know mate sorry - 265/40 or 255/35???

Try a search on here, it’s a mine field with everyone’s personal requirements being different, I’m 5k miles in so far with plenty of tread left, I cross that bridge when I get to it.

As it stands today...

x1.jpg

x2.jpg
x9.jpg
x3.jpg
x4.jpg

….. but unfortunately the time has come to move it on :cry:

As it stands today...

View attachment 74573

View attachment 74574
View attachment 74575
View attachment 74576
View attachment 74577

….. but unfortunately the time has come to move it on :cry:

Stunning van fella.... shame you’ve got to let it go, but I’m sure it’ll go to a good home and make somebody else very happy!

Back