New Member, New-ish Kombi

Chris3789

Hi,

I am a new member from the Whitley bay area in the North East. I have just put the deposit down on a '67 plate T6 Kombi Highline SWB in white. Found it on the Used VW site and my local dealership is bringing it up from Norwich for me. I'm looking forward to it. It already has the comfort dash and electronically latching sliding doors (it has the offside door as well).
My plans are to lower it by 40mm, have the standard 17" wheels plastic coated gloss black and add a rear spoiler, stainless roof bars, side bars & rear bumper protector (I like stainless), a bonnet deflector and maybe a visor.
I have been reading that the standard equipment Sat Nav is more of a Shat Nav so I did some research and apparently Google's Android Auto is a good feature which allows the Google Maps on your phone take over most head unit screens. I will wait and see if it works in the Kombi.

Looking forward to being part of the club as they say and will probably post some pictures when it's all done.

Chris.

Hi,

I am a new member from the Whitley bay area in the North East. I have just put the deposit down on a '67 plate T6 Kombi Highline SWB in white. Found it on the Used VW site and my local dealership is bringing it up from Norwich for me. I'm looking forward to it. It already has the comfort dash and electronically latching sliding doors (it has the offside door as well).
My plans are to lower it by 40mm, have the standard 17" wheels plastic coated gloss black and add a rear spoiler, stainless roof bars, side bars & rear bumper protector (I like stainless), a bonnet deflector and maybe a visor.
I have been reading that the standard equipment Sat Nav is more of a Shat Nav so I did some research and apparently Google's Android Auto is a good feature which allows the Google Maps on your phone take over most head unit screens. I will wait and see if it works in the Kombi.

Looking forward to being part of the club as they say and will probably post some pictures when it's all done.

Chris.
Welcome, remember to visit Team White. :thumbsup:

Back