new member from France

superquadro

Auto Painter
VIP Member
T6 Pro
hello everyone, I signed up some time ago, but I didn’t take the time to show you the work I did on my t6.
in advance, excuse my rough English!
I am a bodybuilder-painter by trade, I realized the mechanics and the bodywork at a friend bodybuilder who left me his workshop at my disposal.
I dismantled the whole vehicle (engine, interior, doors, hood), for straightening of the bumps and changing of the interiors for painting because I change the color of the t6 in pearl gray of skoda.
photo of my t6 to purchase

IMG_4382.PNG

IMG_4384.PNG

IMG_4385.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
complete disassembly of the vehicle begins

vw t6 1.jpg

vw t6 6.jpg

vw t6 7.jpg

vw t6 8.jpg

vw t6 9.jpg

vw t6 10.jpg

Clean the engine compartment and remove the protective wax (a galley), then start straightening the body.
surprise of the seller, at the dismantling of the bumper ar, I discover the skirt ar sunk after a shock, a little work in addition!

vw t6 11.jpg

vw t6 12.jpg

vw t6 20.jpg

vw t6 22.jpg

vw t6 23.jpg

vw t6 24.jpg

Continue with the inside of the crate, then primer the crate and paint the door entrances and inside.

vw t6 21.jpg

vw t6 25.jpg

vw t6 26.jpg

vw t6 27.jpg

vw t6 28.jpg

vw t6 29.jpg

vw t6 30.jpg

vw t6 31.jpg

vw t6 32.jpg

vw t6 33.jpg

vw t6 34.jpg

vw t6 35.jpg

then it is the turn of the doors, hood .
cleaning of all underbody fairings.

vw t6 36.jpg

vw t6 37.jpg

vw t6 38.jpg

vw t6 39.jpg

vw t6 18.jpg

vw t6 19.jpg

we attack the mechanical part with replacement of the complete distribution and the flywheel (another surprise of the seller!) which made cold noise.
photo before and after replacement distribution.
photo showing the game between the old and the new flywheel.

vw t6 13.jpg

vw t6 14.jpg

vw t6 15.jpg

vw t6 16.jpg

vw t6 17.jpg

preparation of the front and rear bumpers, the hood, the exterior door handles, all the front door grilles and the grille for glossy black paint coating as well as the interior door handles, meter and car radio surroundings and aerator that will also be painted in glossy black.

vw t6 53.jpg

vw t6 54.jpg

vw t6 51.jpg

vw t6 52.jpg

Bravo!!!!

No one could ever accuse you of doing half a job!!!! Top work mon ami

the rest of my work, so after restarting the engine, we start sanding the bodywork, then painting the roof in black varnish.
camouflage of the bodywork and painting with 3 coats of varnish to finish.

vw t6 45.jpg

vw t6 46.jpg

vw t6 48.jpg

vw t6 47.jpg

vw t6 50.jpg

vw t6 49.jpg

vw t6 42.jpg

vw t6 43.jpg

vw t6 44.jpg

vw t6 55.jpg

vw t6 56.jpg

vw t6 57.jpg

vw t6 58.jpg

vw t6 59.jpg

vw t6 60.jpg

vw t6 61.jpg

vw t6 62.jpg

after painting, the vehicle is fully reassembled.
for a perfect gloss, I create a glossy polish that consists in sanding the varnish and then polishing it to obtain a uniform gloss and in depth of the varnish that took me 2 days of work.
removal and complete disassembly of the front and rear brake calipers, for sanding and painting in acid green from porsche, as well as the front bumper and grille rods.
reassembly of the brackets with new seals kit.

Reactions: CAB
to summarize what has been done on the vehicle:
Complete interior and exterior painting of the vehicle (pearl grey skoda), with black coating of the roof and all exterior plastics (front bumper grilles, mirrors,grille).
paint brake calipers (porsche acid green), paint dashboard facade and interior door handles (varnished black).
Distribution belt replacement with roller and water pump, complete kit accessory belt, engine drain and replacement of all filters.
replacement of the flywheel and DSG gearbox drain.
replacement of the 4 brake discs and pads, reconditioning of the 4 brake calipers, replacement of brake fluid.
control geometry train av and ar. air conditioning gas replacement.
replacement of the windshield and installation of tinted film on the side window ar.
new floor installation in load cell and installation of motorcycle support, installation of wood protection on the sides and installation of 4 led ceiling lights of vw t6.1.
Added an original partition for safety because I will carry my bike to the track.
Installation and coding of fog and folding mirrors.
replacement of the 4 cascavel aluminium rims with black/polished cascavel models.
replacement of 2 front tires.
paint fitting and spare wheel.
sanding and revealing of the 2 front headlights.

That's a hell of a lot of effort, but a great looking van, and more importantly, unique!

to summarize what has been done on the vehicle:
Complete interior and exterior painting of the vehicle (pearl grey skoda), with black coating of the roof and all exterior plastics (front bumper grilles, mirrors,grille).
paint brake calipers (porsche acid green), paint dashboard facade and interior door handles (varnished black).
Distribution belt replacement with roller and water pump, complete kit accessory belt, engine drain and replacement of all filters.
replacement of the flywheel and DSG gearbox drain.
replacement of the 4 brake discs and pads, reconditioning of the 4 brake calipers, replacement of brake fluid.
control geometry train av and ar. air conditioning gas replacement.
replacement of the windshield and installation of tinted film on the side window ar.
new floor installation in load cell and installation of motorcycle support, installation of wood protection on the sides and installation of 4 led ceiling lights of vw t6.1.
Added an original partition for safety because I will carry my bike to the track.
Installation and coding of fog and folding mirrors.
replacement of the 4 cascavel aluminium rims with black/polished cascavel models.
replacement of 2 front tires.
paint fitting and spare wheel.
sanding and revealing of the 2 front headlights.
To summarise: rebuilt van completely!

Wow, can only eco what others have said, awesome looking van and great craftsmanship!

Back