LordGozer

T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve done a quick search but can’t find anything about this issue, I wanted to share it in case anyone else has the same problem.

I had VW assist out today for a flat battery, although it’s a converted camper the van is in regular use each week so it was a surprise to find the battery flat this morning.

VW assist ended up changing the battery under warranty, he said that there was an identified issue with batteries in vans made around the time mine was. It was registered in May 2017.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else has a similar issue. It started off a bit slow to turn over on each start, wish I had not ignored that though and got it sorted earlier.

PS great service from VW assist, turned up when expected and glad I didn’t opt for the quicker AA option as would have ended up needing VW assist anyway to change the battery.

Was it a MOL battery by any chance.?

Just found this thread
Mines a moll battery and guess what ...
Came out of my ladt job and van wont start
Dead battery :(

Call VW Assist to get you going again...

Why is it flat?

You left something switched on or plugged into the obd2 port or front 12v socket?

You got a Dash cam or something?

Call VW Assist to get you going again...

Why is it flat?

You left something switched on or plugged into the obd2 port or front 12v socket?

You got a Dash cam or something?
Nothing plugged in mate,
Its been a bit sluggish turning over last couple days

Short journies not charging the battery enough?

2hour plus drive would be needed to replace a good battery charge after a few short trips.

Motorway driving for a considerable amount of time every day .
Gotta be a duff battery?
Called vw assist
Bet the aa turn up

possibly,....... the alternator output will need to be tested, as would the battery capacity and ability to accept a charge.

keep us posted.

(MOL 75ah battery was the problem with mine . . . .but that was a leisure battery. i have a Varta starter battery 100ah)

possibly,....... the alternator output will need to be tested, as would the battery capacity and ability to accept a charge.

keep us posted.

(MOL 75ah battery was the problem with mine . . . .but that was a leisure battery. i have a Varta starter battery 100ah)
Vans got to get towed in tommorow asnow vw assist dont change batterys apparently!
Also throttle body sensor fault

Nice... hopefully they will get you going quickly..

Throttle issue sounds interesting....

Nothing plugged in mate,
Its been a bit sluggish turning over last couple days

This is how mine started and ended up flat.

VW assist changed the battery there and then after a bit of testing. The guy that came out said there is an issue with batteries in vans around the age of mine, mine was registered May 2017.

Hum ............. interesting thread.

My Sept 2017 T6 2.0 kombi needed to be jump started today - after a couple of hours with the boot open, so the interior lights were on ....

Mine has the Moll battery too - are VW changing these FOC?

The VW assist bloke spent about 1.5 hours doing the necessary checks but mine was replaced under warranty.

Sounds like there are quite a few hoops to jump though for it to be changed under warranty. Not sure if this is VW or the battery manufacturer dictating the hoops though.

According to VW tech chat they are not aware of any T6 battery issues ........................... they seem unable to answer my question as to whether a battery should last longer than 13 months ....

Last edited:
Back