Glow Plug Warning Light 2

Para J

T6 Pro
So the nice man from VW assist came to see Sandy this morning. His computer and Sandy had a chat and it seems Sandy needs a new inlet manifold. Not bad for just 18,000 miles. Going in Monday. Anyone had this problem.

Possibly... three weeks ago into the log but without any warning lights on the dash yet - may be it's on the way to surface :(.

MY16 EU6 110kW/150PS:
Address 01: Engine (2D2D2-CXFA) Labels:. 04L-907-309-V2.clb
Part No SW: 04L 906 056 KF HW: 04L 907 445
Component: R4 2.0l TDI H02 3809
Revision: 23002001

30540 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69)
P0121 00 [032] - Implausible Signal
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 38632 km

I've had the P102100 code pop up a few times now. I've done some reading up on the interweb and suggestions are corroded plug/shorting wire or replace throttle body as the sensor is built in. Did this ever result in a van fail or a part replacement for you @mmi?

Reactions: mmi
Did this ever result in a van fail or a part replacement for you @mmi?
No, it didn't surface anymore in my time in that van. VW replaced the whole van because of another issue.
Actually, I had the fault (without any dash lights) first time in July 2017 (8 months before the above) and it was recorded also by VW. It was said that the throttle body would be replaced when it manifests itself again. However, in the post above mentioned reappearance was just before the new van was due to arrive so I didn't bother.

Anyways, I'm back in the game- captured the same fault on my current van a few weeks ago so keeping eye on it. Just browsed through my logs - the fault has been captured always before cranking/starting the engine - thus cold, or relatively cool engine...

How strange to have it on both vans. Same here, no dash lights. I just run scans from time to time trying to keep on top of any issues and this one keeps popping up. Very interesting that it shows prior to starting. Think I'll monitor it some more as the van isn't crippled (yet) with a view to getting the housing swapped under the extended warranty at a convenient time.

Back