New back window for me - idiot

T6dder

Web/graphic designer
T6 Guru
IMG_0936.JPG

Nice end to the week for me. Reversing onto drive after crappy week at work and reversed into the old gate hinge (seen on right in photo) which had been left pointing forward. It dug into the edge of the window and burst with an almighty bang. :eek:

All fixed to by autoglass but totally ruined my whole weekend. :(

Before you ask. I have now removed the old gate posts so it doesn't happen again.

Yeah a tiny paint damage but could have been worse... I keep telling myself to stop being too worried about marks dents etc, as its ruining my enjoyment, and is for the family to enjoy but it doesn't seem to work. I get sooo angry inside!

And I bet you had a few choice words to make at the time! I know I would've done - the air would have turned blue and then some.

I would have to beat myself up too :mad:....but we have all done it. Bad luck there mate

Last edited:
We have all had an accident, them that say they have not are telling fibs!

The main thing is that nobody was hurt & it's fixed.

I did this to my last car with a winch handle as I was winching a scissor lift on to a trailer I let go of the handle, it went round at speed then flew off into the rear window and fook me did it make a bang and me jump out of my skin!rear window.JPG

It was only the window tinting that stopped it going strait through and damaging the inside of the car, I was just glad it missed me. It was travelling at speed! The dumb things you do that you know better are quite something some times ask @DaveyB :)

And I have one hell of a big ass scar to prove it, and loss of sensation down one side of my head!!!!!

Back