Negative of factory swivel option

lenlec

T6 Pro
Morning all
tempted to spec my new kombi 6.1 with swivel seats for the 2 front seats
It’s £126 per seat I think at Vw is this advisable ? Would be quite novel spinning round and talking to our 3 kids now and again. Cheers

Apart from the cost, you cannot swivel the driver's seat without releasing the handbrake and without a bit of jiggling the knob can rub on the pillar trim.

Apart from the cost, you cannot swivel the driver's seat without releasing the handbrake and without a bit of jiggling the knob can rub on the pillar trim.
Yup............what @Loz said. Drivers seat is a bit of a pain to be honest.

I have these on a T6 and you lose the height adjust function in selecting this option (not sure if it’s the same on the T6.1). You definitely can’t spin round at the press of a button, you need to move the seat forward (but not too far), put the seat back forward (but not too far), put the armrests down or up then swivel, simple ;) but I think if you want a swivel function it’s best to get the factory fit. We often swivel the single passenger seat when parked up but save the drivers for mostly only when camping

I have these on a T6 and you lose the height adjust function in selecting this option (not sure if it’s the same on the T6.1). You definitely can’t spin round at the press of a button, you need to move the seat forward (but not too far), put the seat back forward (but not too far), put the armrests down or up then swivel, simple ;) but I think if you want a swivel function it’s best to get the factory fit. We often swivel the single passenger seat when parked up but save the drivers for mostly only when camping
Thanks. very helpful. Maybe just spec the passenger seat swivel ? Or would it look odd ?

Thanks. very helpful. Maybe just spec the passenger seat swivel ? Or would it look odd ?
Check if there would be a difference in height between the two seats or SWMBO could be looking down on you! Having the driver’s seat being able to swivel is handy when camping

It’s quite common to just get the passenger swivel as aftermarket swivel, not sure about from the factory, I thought the pair came as a single option

Check if there would be a difference in height between the two seats or SWMBO could be looking down on you! Having the driver’s seat being able to swivel is handy when camping
If the driver wasn’t swivel you would still have the height adjustment so you could raise it to your rightful position looking down on the missus (when she allows you to drive of course :) )

Cheers all. On the Vw site it’s £126 per chair I think. Be good to pop to a Vw dealer to see if they have any with swivel seats and try it

Cheers all. On the Vw site it’s £126 per chair I think. Be good to pop to a Vw dealer to see if they have any with swivel seats and try it
And watch the look of fear develop in the salesman’s eyes

I still have lumber support on my T6 (at least I have an extra knob that I presume is lumber support)

If you add options to a van on the VW Van builder website, speccing the passenger seat swivel forces the driver seat to be a swivel too. Or at least it did why I tried it as I wanted to keep height and lumber support but thought a passenger swivel alone would be useful.

Well he is wrong about both seats having to be swivel. So maybe he is wrong about the lumbar as well.

Edit: I've just been outside to my van. The factory swivel seat I have does have the lumbar support.
Not sure about yours but mines a T6 so it is possible that the T6.1 is different, removing features does sound like something VW would do!

I guess find a van with the swivel function. I’ve never had much luck finding examples of options at dealers before ordering so good luck with that!

There must be a T6.1 owner on here that can confirm though

Back