Need Help From Experianced People.

Brisib

Hi. I have purchased a T6 just over 2 years old & with 33k.
Sold to me with 11 months warranty & FSH. I have since found out that its had NO service at all since new. I do believe the bloke who sold it had no idea but should have checked.
He has said he will take the van back & refund full value paid. I spoke to VW & understand why the warranty is void now.
The question is, do I return it or accept £500 refund as gesture of good will.

I have had a T5 from new & always serviced it in the 10 years I have owned it.

If he had it from new then why didnt he have it serviced?. For me I would return as I think that with VW history warranty is vital.

But thats me

I agree with @Fish It may not have had much warranty left, but £500 won't go far if the gearbox blows. Plus, when you come to sell it, the gap in service history is likely to put people off.

Technically speaking it would have missed the:

1st 12k oil + filter.
2nd 20k oil + filter + mini service.
3rd 38k oil + filter + service..(would be due in 5k)

And you say you have less than 12mnths warranty left if it was valid.... so, I'd check How bad was the oil and air filter look to see how bad things are..

The £500 back may help a bit... if the van was in general good condition.

Was the van cheap, average expensive to buy?

But as @Fish said, if warranty is important then back it.

If your prepared to take a gamble then tell the dealer you want a £1000 back, (or more) due to risk factor..

Think it's a personal choice, and whether you are prepared to deal with any issues that may arise in the future.

1st 12k oil + filter.

And you say you have less than 12mnths warranty left if it was valid.... so, I'd check How bad was the oil and air filter look to see how bad things are..

If your prepared to take a gamble then tell the dealer you want a £1000 back, (or more) due to risk factor..

Think it's a personal choice, and whether you are prepared to deal with any issues that may arise in the future.

So
If it wasn't going back then i'd be getting 1k+.. as they'll be making more than that off the sale.

Think all VW parts are expensive.. 1 visit to a service centre would be an easy 3/400.

Hi. I have purchased a T6 just over 2 years old & with 33k.
Sold to me with 11 months warranty & FSH. I have since found out that its had NO service at all since new. I do believe the bloke who sold it had no idea but should have checked.
He has said he will take the van back & refund full value paid. I spoke to VW & understand why the warranty is void now.
The question is, do I return it or accept £500 refund as gesture of good will.

I have had a T5 from new & always serviced it in the 10 years I have owned it.

Mine had its first service at 30k no record of anything before - VW said it’s not an issue and not uncommon as 25k is quite normal - I said I’m happy to have a full but they insisted it’s an interim.

Get it to VW - shouldn’t be an issue

The first service interval keeps going up ! 25k is a complete joke , I wouldn’t let my van do more than 10k for the sake of oil and filter cost even if oil is a lot better quality now a days !! different if you are chopping it in after 3-4 years but if keeping the vehicle it makes sense to replace oil at more frequent intervals imo ! But I am a little old school

He was just the trader & never checked, Avis had owned it but an Admin error occurred & it never got serviced. She is in new brand condition & thats my dilemma.

1st 12k oil + filter.

It wasn’t cheap but I can’t get a replacement for anywhere near what I paid, colour & spec. I’m pretty useless when it comes to mechanics but I checked the oil & it’s jet black, don’t know if that’s normal or not.

It wasn’t cheap but I can’t get a replacement for anywhere near what I paid, colour & spec. I’m pretty useless when it comes to mechanics but I checked the oil & it’s jet black, don’t know if that’s normal or not.
I’m not surprised it’s black if it’s not been changed at all in that time , it’s a lottery really no matter what advise you take imo but maybe the price is reflected in this , but I would personally put my money in to a van/ car that had had been serviced regularly or at least within the required intervals , but it really is up to you !

If it the ideal spec and you can't find a comparable model to go with then maybe haggle the 1k off for lack if service.

If you are able to find one of sim spec and FSH and is cheaper then use this as an example then haggle them down..

Are you 100% its not had a service as some T6's don't come with a service book and even if it does the dealers often don't stamp them unless asked.

Are you 100% its not had a service as some T6's don't come with a service book and even if it does the dealers often don't stamp them unless asked.
you can call your local VW center and give them the VIN & REG and they will give you any service history on the van.

you can call your local VW center and give them the VIN & REG and they will give you any service history on the van.

This makes sense but slightly off piste - I have tried to do this for vehicles I have looked at only to be told unless your name is on the log book they will not tell you due to data protection!!

Since when does vehicle service data come under data protection - IT IS NOT PERSONAL DATA.

Rant Over

This makes sense but slightly off piste - I have tried to do this for vehicles I have looked at only to be told unless your name is on the log book they will not tell you due to data protection!!

Since when does vehicle service data come under data protection - IT IS NOT PERSONAL DATA.

Rant Over
PM me the vin n reg i can see if i can get it for you. :thumbsup:

Back