NEC Feb 2023 (was 2022) - The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show

Sorry - wasn't sure anyone on here would be interested :D

I've gone for the Vision Latitude conversion by VTA in Colchester (not on their website yet, but think of their Vision 2020 conversion with a rear bulkhead behind which is a rear kitchen).View attachment 146849View attachment 146852View attachment 146850View attachment 146851
saw them earlier was quite impressed, did like the hook up option... was amazed how many of the staff didnt know which type of bed or poptop was fitted on different displays !! was trying to see if there was another option on rib beds to scopema.

saw them earlier was quite impressed, did like the hook up option... was amazed how many of the staff didnt know which type of bed or poptop was fitted on different displays !! was trying to see if there was another option on rib beds to scopema.
Ignorance of your own products is never a good look.

Just been watching YouTube videos of the show and I now have a new favourite van.

Is that your "when I win the lottery..." van, or are you willing and able to drop £120k? o_O

I'm booked in with Dan at VisionTech for May 23rd to start my build too
I was booked in for 11 April, but have just had to push it back to June due to the non-arrival of my van!! :mad:

Which conversion did you opt for and have you seen it in the flesh?

I chose a modified version of the Vision 2020 without actually seeing it in the flesh (risky, I know). When I arrived at their NEC stand on Tuesday, I found one of their show builds was a conversion based on my discussions with Dan (but further refined and with a few more bells and whistles). I was blown away by their build if I'm honest, but now I'm having to contemplate shelling out even more for some of the refinements they've added.

:uh run:

Been today and spent a very enjoyable 5 hrs there, was better than I expected. Sat down now to watch it on channel 5 plus 1.

Been today and spent a very enjoyable 5 hrs there, was better than I expected. Sat down now to watch it on channel 5 plus 1.
Just finished watching it with SWMBO and the boys in the hotel room!

Just finished watching it with SWMBO and the boys in the hotel room!
Don't know about you but I've not been for 5ys I think the time away was good , almost like a child in a sweet shop today. Hope you and the family enjoy your visit and don't forget to be nice to the visa card tonight as tomorrow it might get a battering !!

Watching the show on 5+1 now. How did that paddle boarding couple actually transport their boards ?
Did I miss something ?

Pete

@JOG Almost forgot there's a kayaking pool and a climbing wall for the kids. Which I thought was an excellent idea.

Bloody TV cameras! I was shooed away so they could film the camper I was looking at. Said they didn't want any bald bloaters in the background [ahem].

@JOG Almost forgot there's a kayaking pool and a climbing wall for the kids. Which I thought was an excellent idea.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

It’s a couple of years since we’ve been. SWMBO has given permission to look at vans more than caravans! A break away is good…it was getting a bit “same-y” for me! (My inner cynic!)

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Bloody TV cameras! I was shooed away so they could film the camper I was looking at. Said they didn't want any bald bloaters in the background [ahem].
A producer would have ended up with a camera as a suppository if they shoo’d me away! They can have a media day when paying punters aren’t there!

They can have a media day when paying punters aren’t there!

I'm guessing that the C5 show was filmed on the media day at the beginning of the week, I've watched both shows and judging by the amount of people in the background it certainly wasn't filmed during a normal public day, I was there yesterday and it was heaving.

Is that your "when I win the lottery..." van, or are you willing and able to drop £120k? o_O

If I sold my current van I could just about do it but it would leave me pretty much skint, so for the moment it's a lottery van. My next van will be a Crafter/MAN but won't be a LWB due to lack of a big enough parking space at home.

Back