NEC Feb 2023 (was 2022) - The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show

For anyone who can’t make it, see Channel 5, 8pm Wednesday & Thursday.
My daughter is co-presenting.
There was an ad for the programme on the box just now - is that her? SWMBO has set the programme to record in case we miss it

There are good Fiat based vehicles of a similar size too.

Pete

Yeah, I keep seeing some nice looking Ducato based vans on Youtube but I don't think I could bring myself to drive a Fiat.

Yeah, I keep seeing some nice looking Ducato based vans on Youtube but I don't think I could bring myself to drive a Fiat.
Had numerous Fiat based motorhomes,

Good vans

I would prob rather have a Fiat than a Merc/Crafter base if converting

In fact I did convert a new Ducato Panel couple years back ( well I didn’t, I paid someone to do it) thinking it could be a useable everyday van

6m long van and higher roof just didn’t work for everyday use , so went back to Motorhome, and now full circle, back to Trsnsporter Van ,

Had numerous Fiat based motorhomes,

Good vans

I would prob rather have a Fiat than a Merc/Crafter base if converting

In fact I did convert a new Ducato Panel couple years back ( well I didn’t, I paid someone to do it) thinking it could be a useable everyday van

6m long van and higher roof just didn’t work for everyday use , so went back to Motorhome, and now full circle, back to Trsnsporter Van ,
As a paramedic I drive a Fiat Ducato ambulance. They are absolutely garbage, always breaking down, parts falling off, electrical Issues preventing starting, small front cab, the wheels actually fell off once on a motorway. 6 months old too.

What's the parking like there? it's been quite a few years since I've been to the NEC. Can you park where you want to or do they marshal you in? I like to drive around and choose my own space.
I was thinking about letting the train take the strain but to get there at a decent hour they want £120 return :oops:, and they wonder why more people don't travel with them. :rolleyes:

What's the parking like there? it's been quite a few years since I've been to the NEC. Can you park where you want to or do they marshal you in? I like to drive around and choose my own space.
I was thinking about letting the train take the strain but to get there at a decent hour they want £120 return :oops:, and they wonder why more people don't travel with them. :rolleyes:
Marshalled but free

Off there tomorrow, not going for anything in particular just a nose around.............but bet i return with something :laugh:

Last time came home with a kayak !

Marshalled but free

Hmmm, might have to go in the Smart Fortwo then. I knew it was free but I'm not really happy about being told where I've got to park, I don't want any dents in the side of the van.

Hmmm, might have to go in the Smart Fortwo then. I knew it was free but I'm not really happy about being told where I've got to park, I don't want any dents in the side of the van.
Marshalled to the car park, not the parking space!

Just returned home having spent 2 days at the NEC. My feet hurt, I'm tired and the money in my wallet has been mysteriously transformed into a pile of receipts :whistle:. However, after comparing many, many conversions from lots and lots of convertors (and finally seeing my proposed conversion in LWB form), I am delighted:waving:to feel completely justified in my choice of conversion and convertor.

Just need a van to convert now. :rolleyes:

Just returned home having spent 2 days at the NEC. My feet hurt, I'm tired and the money in my wallet has been mysteriously transformed into a pile of receipts :whistle:. However, after comparing many, many conversions from lots and lots of convertors (and finally seeing my proposed conversion in LWB form), I am delighted:waving:to feel completely justified in my choice of conversion and convertor.

Better that you went looking at possibilities first! Now you have food for thought (along with a pile of receipts and a tear in your eye!)

Reactions: Bav

Well don't leave us hanging, or are you going to wait and tell us who it is when it's done?

Well don't leave us hanging, or are you going to wait and tell us who it is when it's done?
Sorry - wasn't sure anyone on here would be interested :D

I've gone for the Vision Latitude conversion by VTA in Colchester (not on their website yet, but think of their Vision 2020 conversion with a rear bulkhead behind which is a rear kitchen).Lattitude front.jpgLattitude seat.jpgLattitude interior.jpgLattitude rear.jpg

Back