Sold MY2020 T6.1 Caravelle £48k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
Sadly reached the end of my tether with his whole new system, and heading back to a T6

So my girl is, Deep black Pearl, DSG 70 plate executive with the digital dash and big (horrible) infotainment system, Opening windows on electric side doors, and has done just shy of 15k miles, I bought her as an ex demo so i show as second owner, have put chrome side bars on and roof rails, bumper guard, and 18' sportlines, had her ceramic coated and bonnet vinyl coated as well

I will say goodbye to her for £48k and take the hitIMG_0944.JPG

Last edited:
What didn't you like about T6.1 vs T6? Genuine question as my T6 won't last forever but my initial impressions of a 6.1 aren't great, put off straight away by a lack of a foot rest for the driver!

@Gavinda

Its not for me to put you off,,,,,,,,, but

What do i like about my T6.1? The colour and the look

What did i love about my T6? My T6!!

No footrest, bang on the money, annoying to get used to but once you do, you naturally go left with the left leg, really strange even when you are used to it, OH says its like man spreading

Infotainment system sucks, i mean it really sucks, I have the big buttonless one and today i drove over 120 miles with it trying to load the user profile, not for the first time this has happened, thus it cancels out the satnav the phone the radio the traffic everything, if i had broken down i couldn't even use the SOS system in the vehicle, and VW pride themselves on this facility saying they can pinpoint you with it, well that would not have happened today

The iPhone on CarPlay is constantly dropping out, wired and wireless connection, it continuously turns off your phones mic, so you and up either dropping the call or using iPhone hands free and strain to hear whats being said

Sadly i am not alone, so many people on FB forums are complaining about this infotainment system and it is because of the infotainment system alone that i am selling, i cannot tolerate the stress of it anymore, if today i had been somewhere unfamiliar i would have been in trouble as would not have known how to get back, have become tired of it

If you're in either hampshire or Dorset dm me i will gladly hook up and yet you have a crawl over it and decide for yourself

If it's mainly the radio that's the problem why not swap it out instead? Lot's of people swap them in the T6's instead of getting rid of the van. Just wondering that's all.

@Howzat

Thank you for the response, I hear 100% your opinion and if id not fallen out of love with her i would have considered that, but to be fair, why pay well over £50k for something that you then got to change?

The infotainment system is all but the heart of the damned vehicle, my bad for wanting what VW called its best yet

but thanks for the input, makes a lot of sense and making me think, so if there is anyone who can let me know what to replace it with, the costs and if it will make everything work again, such as the digital dash satnav etc, I'm listening

If you’re after a T6 velle then I’ll be looking to sell my 2017 4motion exec over the Summer - low miles and plenty of options. LMK if any interest

regards

The big issue for changing the new infotech system and digital dash on the T6.1 ( if it’s similar to the new 21 plate Skoda ..wife’s car ) is the whole system effectively is part of the vehicle as it controls so much…it’s some of the reason it’s not got a sport mode on the dsg…it’s now got a selectable choice via the information screen…you have to be a computer guru to work it….and ditto her iPhone play’s up too….and as for night driving…it’s like sitting with Christmas trees….lights everywhere :rolleyes:

ps…. I’ve got a funny feeling the late model T6 will become sort after :laugh:

Im sorry to hear of your problems mainly with the infotainment system.
I would have liked the posh dials, however budget wouldn't stretch that far. So I ended up with the basic spec head unit. I'm now glad I did in 4000 miles the only issue I have had is the the Sat Nav running on my iPhone crashed and locked up. Maybe it was because I was running Google maps nav and Waze at the same time, comparing routes. Otherwise it has been faultless including Car Play, but mine is wired, which I dont mind as I would plug the phone in to charge anyway.

Maybe consider a T6.1 with the basic' system.

@Andyman

I think I understand your frustration after reading the preceding posts. It's more than just a music player these days and has me thinking aftermarket solutions would be limited and expensive. Hopefully they'll release a firmware update soon that would make it more stable.
Might be worth asking them if one is in the pipeline? Would be a shame to give up such a nice vehicle and lose money in the process for the sake of some software bugs.

The big issue for changing the new infotech system and digital dash on the T6.1 ( if it’s similar to the new 21 plate Skoda ..wife’s car ) is the whole system effectively is part of the vehicle as it controls so much…it’s some of the reason it’s not got a sport mode on the dsg…it’s now got a selectable choice via the information screen…you have to be a computer guru to work it….and ditto her iPhone play’s up too….and as for night driving…it’s like sitting with Christmas trees….lights everywhere :rolleyes:

ps…. I’ve got a funny feeling the late model T6 will become sort after :laugh:
I’m looking at a couple T6 tomorrow there are many folk on the Facebook forums really griping about the infotainment system and trying to organise a group push at vw to do something about it

it really hurts when you call your main dealer and say I’ve got this problem and the response is “sorry we don’t know anything about this system to be able to help”

@Skyliner33
Hey! I wish I was like yourself and didn’t go for it, the velle is so lovely and when she’s right she is a princess, I convinced myself to get past it all and love her, but just as soon as I settle down it happens again and again
I just can’t sit with the stress of being somewhere and wondering if it’s going to play up again, using apple AirPods just so I can make and receive calls, whilst staring at a bit of kit I paid so much extra for

vw customer care sucks, promises of calls and help and NOTHING, I'm gutted but how to bypass this pain? Disappointment? Stress?

@Skyliner33
we've had a few chats over bits and pieces, you’ve been supportive and objective, thanks for that mate, hoping I’ve not hit the end of the track lol

@Skyliner33
we've had a few chats over bits and pieces, you’ve been supportive and objective, thanks for that mate, hoping I’ve not hit the end of the track lol
Yes, and it pains me to see you are having such issues over what should have brought pleasure. I really hope that VW get it sorted quickly with a software update. Its disappointing that VW released it before all issues are ironed out, not expecting customers to beta test for them.
In a way I still wish I had the fancy dash, but overall I am satisfied with what I have.

Im sure things will all work out in the end and you will be happy with the result whether its fixing this van, swapping to a different 6.1 or whatever path you take.

Good luck with things.

Yes, and it pains me to see you are having such issues over what should have brought pleasure. I really hope that VW get it sorted quickly with a software update. Its disappointing that VW released it before all issues are ironed out, not expecting customers to beta test for them.
In a way I still wish I had the fancy dash, but overall I am satisfied with what I have.

Im sure things will all work out in the end and you will be happy with the result whether its fixing this van, swapping to a different 6.1 or whatever path you take.

Good luck with things.
@Skyliner33

good evening, it looks like I’ve done it, and surprised myself as well
I’ve found a T6 that I like and have started to fall in love with, and it’s beige and it’s not a Caravelle (I’ve never not had a velle)
If it works according to plan I will be back behind the wheel of a T6

vw are planning to speak with me on Monday re my T6.1 fingers crossed they’ll arrange it’s return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back