Wanted My wife wants an awning

I get ya - you meant the volume of air necessitates an electric pump. Typically, I got hold of the wrong end of the stick - I thought you meant you had multiplie inflation points. I can be so slow-witted sometimes.:rolleyes:
The new drive away awning for the van has 4 inflation points for the 4 independent 'beams'. No worries with trapped wind there. Those electric pumps are great when we are blessed with so much free solar energy, or like me, just lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
The new drive away awning for the van has 4 inflation points for the 4 independent 'beams'. No worries with trapped wind there. Those electric pumps are great when we are blessed with so much free solar energy, or like me, just lazy.
Being tight and lazy, I have a dilemma. :rofl:

@sipep I too am in the market for an awning......because my partner is in the market for an awning :think smile bounce:

I want something that is a driveaway, air and really REALLY easy to set up and came across this one. Sets up within 3 minutes. Not the cheapest but probably not the most expensive too

I have an Outwell Milestone Shade Air that I have used 3 times. I paid stupid money for it during the pandemic. Anyone interested in it for £300? I am in Milngavie North Glasgow

Outwell Milestone Shade Air Drive Away Awning Tent Drive Away Awnings–

Have you seen the Coleman Journey Masters, 3 sizes, that are being sold at massively reduced prices because the very bottom of the fabric may discolour over time.
I’ve taken the plunge and ordered but my van’s not ready until of end April :)
Might be worth a look if you are after a bargain.

Have you seen the Coleman Journey Masters, 3 sizes, that are being sold at massively reduced prices because the very bottom of the fabric may discolour over time.
I’ve taken the plunge and ordered but my van’s not ready until of end April :)
Might be worth a look if you are after a bargain.
@Leaf23 where, have you got a link.

@Leaf23 where, have you got a link.

Sorry should have added, I found the medium on a few sites, that was the size that suits us but also do L and XL.
I think Coleman also mention it on their site too.

Can't comment on a poled awning as I've only had air, did have (still got) 4 berth poled tent, used once and sat up in the eaves of the garage.
Currently got the Outdoor Revolution T4e, T'is a big bugger but have got the hang of getting up and rigid in about 30 minutes Fnaar Fnaar!
The driveaway attachment kit is simple enough to use, even re-attaching after driving away was simple enough using a spare guy rope for guidance.

View attachment 233678
is your a poly cotton (PC) one? If not I would love to do a comparison on packed down size and weight

is your a poly cotton (PC) one? If not I would love to do a comparison on packed down size and weight
Just the standard version, weighs in approx. 28/30kg, when packed away, again an approximation, 90x50x50cm.
Fits well on the rear seat with the seatbelts securing it in place.

I mi

I am considering that journey master deluxe listed above
It's a lot of awning for the money, personally i wouldn't worry about fading, perhaps if you were to use it for extended periods. We used our awning 3 times in the past year, absolutely no chance of ours fading.
That Kampa Trip Air is a useful size that Chris has posted above, I'll keep my eyes open for a seldom used one of those, you can't have enough inflatable gear taking up garage space I always say! Let me know if you want to sell it Chris!!

It's a lot of awning for the money, personally i wouldn't worry about fading, perhaps if you were to use it for extended periods. We used our awning 3 times in the past year, absolutely no chance of ours fading.
That Kampa Trip Air is a useful size that Chris has posted above, I'll keep my eyes open for a seldom used one of those, you can't have enough inflatable gear taking up garage space I always say! Let me know if you want to sell it Chris!!
I've only paid £215 inc postage and its only been used once and then stored away. It appears you can get them easily for around £250 on ebay

Don’t buy new, wasted enough on dometic air awnings for the caravan.
Should of stuck with the secondhand Westfield we had!
I’m going for a older vango or a cheap second hand with then a wind out canopy for most trips. The joolca look great bits of kit.

Our first outing this year was the forum Spring Camp at Sibbertoft. I had unpacked our 4 beam air awning when I realised I had forgotten the figure 8 connectors. Bother I thought, or words to that effect. I've never thought to do it before, but because we weren't 'driving away' anywhere (usually under the affluence of incohol at this kind of meet), I thought I would attach the sewn in kador strip directly to the Fiamma F45s. Battling in the wind on my own I eventually managed to 'get it up' potentially better than ever before. I will only ever take those figure 8's out now to lend to members who also forget to pack theirs! Or if we are driving away anywhere.

20240420_191934.jpg

IMG-20240420-WA0002.jpg

Back