My wife has broken the van. New wing needed

WeaversT6

T6 Pro
Hi

first thing this morning my wife decided to get the van stuck on the gate. So now the drivers side front wing is ruined.

Absolutely gutted, we’ve just finished the conversion and had that whole side of the van painted, and now this!

Has anyone used after market body panels before? If so, have you found them to be ok?

9457352B-D4E4-4615-8216-826012F82D2D.jpeg

Ouch! It looks like something a halfway decent panel beater could sort out...........but the world has gone "new part of the shelf" way of working. How long is Mrs @WeaversT6 going to be stuck on the naughty step for?

We’ve got loads of trips booked too, not sure I can bring myself to go camping with a damaged van (just the way I am).

I’m assuming the paint will need blending into the door/ bumper too......

My wife refuses to drive ours. Can’t say I’m unhappy about that.
Same, having seen what Mrs D did to her Volvo on a gate post recently, she makes Mrs Weavers look like an amateur in the demolition derby. Mrs D even managed to spear the brand new tyre on the gate hinge, ripping out the side wall, no half measures. :cry:

Same, having seen what Mrs D did to her Volvo on a gate post recently, she makes Mrs Weavers look like an amateur in the demolition derby. Mrs D even managed to spear the brand new tyre on the gate hinge, ripping out the side wall, no half measures. :cry:
My wife had a row with our brick gate post in my Evoque I had at the time.

Hi

first thing this morning my wife decided to get the van stuck on the gate. So now the drivers side front wing is ruined.

Absolutely gutted, we’ve just finished the conversion and had that whole side of the van painted, and now this!

Has anyone used after market body panels before? If so, have you found them to be ok?

View attachment 117986
A good panel worker and paint shop could sort that for you no problem I think mate. You would be surprised how good they are at fixing panel damage.

Reactions: JOG
As it’s a small panel and from what I remember a screw fastener job it’s probably cheaper to replace that pay bodyshop repair rates.
A repaired panels galvanising will be compromised.

yeayy.......... you scratched it now you can enjoy it and use the van for what its ment for its only a single panel

The labour to repair that wing will add up to way more than a new panel. Either way, it will need painting. A good paint finish is mostly to do with the prep, there will be little prep needed to get a new panel ready for paint.

We’ve got loads of trips booked too, not sure I can bring myself to go camping with a damaged van (just the way I am).

I’m assuming the paint will need blending into the door/ bumper too......

However you sort it, no way I would cancel trips if it’s safe and driveable! I know people want their vans looking pretty but the job of a camper is to get you to places you wouldn’t otherwise go!

However you sort it, no way I would cancel trips if it’s safe and driveable! I know people want their vans looking pretty but the job of a camper is to get you to places you wouldn’t otherwise go!
So true, don’t become a slave to the machine. I’ll seen many people having great fun in battered wrecks, it’s about the experience not the van.

My wife refuses to drive ours. Can’t say I’m unhappy about that.
Hahaha same
I did 1000 miles in a few weeks in my car - missus does one trip and comes back with a flat and has scraped the front side which needs painting

So true, don’t become a slave to the machine. I’ll seen many people having great fun in battered wrecks, it’s about the experience not the van.

A mate asked me how we were liking the new Tig. I told him we hadn't used it much and we're using the old Polo most of the time, pampering the new car. He said "Having a nice car and not driving it, is like having a fit wife and not shagging her. All you are doing is keeping her tight for the next bloke."

Back