LWB T6 to LWB Crafter

f6100153

T6 Pro
Hey all,

We finished our t6 conversion last year and loved the project and it's a great van now. We're recently a family of 5 and van was designed to be a daily driver Kombi as well as something we can use as a camper. It's great as daily and will sleep us all a camper but was tight as 4 so will be worse now.

My wife has just written off her car so we're going to replace that with a VW Touran which will become the daily driver.

This means the T6 could be replaced for something that will work better as a camper. I have no doubt a LWB Crafter will suit us better as camper having loads more room and headspace. It needs to be a LWB so we can do the conversion with a garage to carry my motorbike..

My question is, will the Crafter be a massive pain to drive as a general driver. It will be few and far between but there will be occasions when I need it for the kids nursery run for example (which is tight in the T6). Or popping to the supermarket if the wife's got the car.

Trying to figure out if I will regret it in the long run. Anyone done similar?

Take a look here...

And here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to park a LWB Crafter in a supermarket carpark? :oops: Wow - good luck with that one.

Similarly with the nursery run - around our way you're despised if you drop-off in anything bigger than a city car, so turning up in something that blocked-out the sun and was several times bigger than a 4x4 would have you classified as the devil incarnate.

So I've taken the plunge and gone for the Crafter and good news is I can fit in the nursery car park. Only in 2 out of the 8 spaces but still :)

It also isn't really an issue in supermarkets, just have park closer to the back where's there's more space. It's much easier than I imagined having drove it round for the last week.

Next job sell my LWB T6 to fund the conversion :cool:

Back