My wife has broken the van. New wing needed

However you sort it, no way I would cancel trips if it’s safe and driveable! I know people want their vans looking pretty but the job of a camper is to get you to places you wouldn’t otherwise go!
I'd book it in for a proper repair and in the meantime I'd whip the wing off and set about it myself with a hammer on the anvil, take some of the creases out. You can't make it worse and you might be surprised at how much better you could make it. Then bolt it back on and enjoy a few trips away in it.

It’s only a van good job the wife’s ok
My thoughts exactly, if she says she wont drive it again shes obviously deeply upset and she should be your priority, not the van. Cancelling trips because you're a perfectionist will make it worse, after lockdown thats mental torture for her. As a widower I would give anything for one of your cancelled trips with my wife. Whats done is done, take the piss and have a laugh about it, forget your anxieties until you both accept that shit happens all the time, and its not worth falling out over :thumbsup:
Cheers
Phil

My thoughts exactly, if she says she wont drive it again shes obviously deeply upset and she should be your priority, not the van. Cancelling trips because you're a perfectionist will make it worse, after lockdown thats mental torture for her. As a widower I would give anything for one of your cancelled trips with my wife. Whats done is done, take the piss and have a laugh about it, forget your anxieties until you both accept that shit happens all the time, and its not worth falling out over :thumbsup:
Cheers
Phil
Nailed it.

A mate asked me how we were liking the new Tig. I told him we hadn't used it much and we're using the old Polo most of the time, pampering the new car. He said "Having a nice car and not driving it, is like having a fit wife and not shagging her. All you are doing is keeping her tight for the next bloke."
Or next girl…!
*plays the woke, inclusive twaddle card!

My sister passed away in a car accident when I was 16 so may out look on a piece of metal is 0. I do appreciate and love my t6 and Cassie but my wife and two little girls are my life.. my wife once popped a tyre on her car and literally went down in 5 seconds she then got out her car burst into tears because she thought I’d go mad. The only thing that made me mad was the silly sausage started to cry over something easily repaid. This maybe a little deep but life’s to short to worry

I’d keep looking on ebay / ring around the Transporter breakers (Kernow T5Cotswold etc) and see if you can get a silver wing. I could only find a blue one on ebay.

As others have said its unfortunate but enjoy the summer and your booked holidays - van can be fixed anytime. Holidays, if you haven’t booked already, will be challenging to secure one, so make the most of it.

We’ve got loads of trips booked too, not sure I can bring myself to go camping with a damaged van (just the way I am).

I’m assuming the paint will need blending into the door/ bumper too......
Don't be so soft

Chin up matey some clown reversed into my caddy the other day outside my local shops
and decided just to drive off
like the others said it’s only metal that can be fixed

Done….

new wing is £120 comes already primed it just might match your van lol and spray it with a can you might be surprised

All 4 corners of my old A4 are crunched, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s legal, goes from A to B, will never get nicked and costs me next to nothing to run.

Back