My small conversion

Mikey

T6 Pro
I’ve owned this 2016 T6 Highline from 10 months old and used it for work. Bought as a panel van, I had the windows/wheels/30mm lowering/side bars etc. done about four years ago with a view to do more, but then moved and took on a big renovation project and the van had to earn its keep!
Anyway, I want to use the van more for time away. I’m not using it for work anymore, and I love it. It still hasn’t done 40,000 miles.
I wouldn’t call this a proper conversion compared to most of the grand ones I see on this forum and elsewhere, but it’s simple and to the point- like me!

Started by taking out the typical ply lining and attacking the usual cleaning, sound deadening and insulation.

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1262.jpeg

New ply.
I bought the ply panels for the walls as I don’t think I could have found the factory holes!
I made the roof panels as I used the existing hardboard ones as templates.
The ply is the finish. I don’t fancy the carpet lining and instead of hiding the fixings I decided to make a bit of a feature of them!
I like the contrast of the ply and the dark grey of the van.

IMG_1550.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

That’s about it really, I fitted a “c” channel rail and bought a sun canopy. Bought a windscreen cover and foam panels with covers for the seat/bed.
Spent three nights in Cornwall and three in Devon last week, all perfect!

Thanks.
The ply is a mix of 18mm, 12mm and 9mm boards, (3.6mm for the ceiling) sanded well and given a couple of coats of water based varnish.
General hardwood ply from timber merchants.

Great work there, the beauty of a ply self build is, you can always change things at a later time, I’m on prototype version 4.2...

Thanks.
Also, take the cushions/bedding off and still be able to slide a 8x4 sheet in.
And still have have the use of four huge drawers when not camping.

Back