My Record Mileage

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
Well after an epic trip I finally managed to get over 600 miles to a tank. It took 64 litres to fill it back up.

717CAE49-DCB0-4014-A890-22F8CDEE4FE2.jpeg

Was well and truly ready for my bed once I got home.

69CA8811-0011-4028-B340-A7264F1986A4.jpeg

Saw this on the way home.

17D22B7D-8F26-4BC0-962C-A35993FE50C9.jpeg

6D0905BC-C24E-49F3-8935-A7D3195B98F2.jpeg

over 600 miles on a tank!!!

how the heck did you manage that?

im getting 400ish average lol . . . . mix of city 80% and motoway 20% (T32 204 dsg van, not weighed yet but prob near full load weight)

Screenshot_20180703-072036_Fuelio.jpg

204 is just the nutz. Love it.

yep Love the 204.

Upgrade from the 180 T5.1 dsg to the 204 T6 dsg is a remarkably different drive, took a while to get used to the power bands in drive/sport but got it nailed now. (Tiptronic mode is a ball !! =] )

one thing i have noticed is that the T5.1 180 DSG was 4Motion. . . . . And The T6 204 DSG is not, so front wheel drive only.

The old thing is the Torque steer you get when putting down the power . . . never had that with the 4MTN before...and wheel spin if the grounds damp.

its like being back in my old Mk2 ford fiesta 1.6ltr.

basically you have to grab hold of the steering wheel when when putting down full power from a dead stop or it will pull to the side....and light up the front wheels if its wet.

in the T5.1 4motion you could do the same thing and it was like it was on rails . . . wouldn't drift a bit... and never had any wheel spin.

suppose its one of the advantages of 4motion. . . . . . .

although the disadvantage of 4motion was two replacement rear haldex diffs, extra wight, extra maintenance costs.

yep Love the 204.

Upgrade from the 180 T5.1 dsg to the 204 T6 dsg is a remarkably different drive, took a while to get used to the power bands in drive/sport but got it nailed now. (Tiptronic mode is a ball !! =] )

one thing i have noticed is that the T5.1 180 DSG was 4Motion. . . . . And The T6 204 DSG is not, so front wheel drive only.

The old thing is the Torque steer you get when putting down the power . . . never had that with the 4MTN before...and wheel spin if the grounds damp.

its like being back in my old Mk2 ford fiesta 1.6ltr.

basically you have to grab hold of the steering wheel when when putting down full power from a dead stop or it will pull to the side....and light up the front wheels if its wet.

I agree, the Torque steer does take some getting used to. Only today I pulled out of a junction a little too quickly and the front wheels felt like they were trying to rip up the tarmac. Even worse if you stray onto the white lines.

Still love it though and so pleased I went 204.

I really don't know what you are all doing. I don't fill up until 600 and have had over 700 on a number of occasions. 725 is the record.

I really don't know what you are all doing. I don't fill up until 600 and have had over 700 on a number of occasions. 725 is the record.

Unless you have no adblue, 80 litre tank and drive at 50 mph then I cant believe 725. I did 46 miles on 0 remaining. It was 90% motorway.

Whaaaaaaaat ! ...... how?

That exceeded even VW crazy claims of mpg!

What spec and model you got?

140 DSG SWB Kombi with 50k on the clock. It would have been fully laden with winters on. No silly 20" tyres or such, and 7omph ish with the cruise control, 99% motorway.

Mines only an 84 but assuming the display isnt too optimistic, it always returns fifty plus - though I dont do short journeys at all.
15 gallons x 50mpg is 750 miles so Scruffy's 725 is quite plausible
afro.gif
This weekend was a typical fully-loaded camping trip:

50plusmpg.jpg

We fill up at a auto route filling station just north of Bourg-en-Bresse in France. We've stopped there dozens of times over the years, in many different vehicles, and to be honest, I do see it as a bit of a challenge, one that the T6 has met a few times and a T5 years ago, but not my old Vito. My Volvo V70 could get us all the way to Morzine on a single tank! Big tank plus 60mpg . We set off for Italy in a few weeks. A different route, but I see a new record coming.

Its mostly about driving style. When my lad borrows my Tepee he gets 30-32mpg whereas I get 45-50.
As a passenger when he's driving, the car seems to be pulling all the time, it doesnt cruise like it normally does.
I dont let him borrow the camper so I'll never know how a heavy foot affects it!

Back