My panel to day van conversion

Ok. Paint is done. I've had caravelle bumpers fitted. Mirrors and handles have been colour coded and the b pillar has been wrapped. Thought for a long time about the badge but in the end I went for a white caravelle badge. Big thanks to andy at Spraysystems on Wirral for a fantastic job!

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

image.jpg

Very nice! Is it a VW colour? I like the colour on the bottom half of the mirrors and the badge position.
Fantastic transformation from commercial van!

Very nice! Is it a VW colour? I like the colour on the bottom half of the mirrors and the badge position.
Fantastic transformation from commercial van!

No mate it's not a vw colour. I got it from a paint chart at b and q and he matched it. In fairness it's probably a shade lighter than I originally had in mind but I'm very happy with it, turns a lot if heads!

Well I don't think it will be as spectacular or as impacting as the exterior, in. Fairness it's pretty hard to top!

That's a great looking conversion job and an excellent paint job @Steve1978 :thumbsup: . A van to be very proud of, very tasteful :cool:. Good luck with the interior conversion and I hope that it turns out as well for you as the exterior :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Thanks to another forum member for posting a link to these side light replacements, best £9 I've spent so far!

Van is back in the workshop this week getting the final touches to the interior... Pics to follow

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My side ones arrive and one bulb didnt work - its so annoying as they look miles better.

One of mine wasn't working either but it wasn't the bulb it was the connections on the bulb holder. Just swapped them over and it worked.

Same for me I had to reverse the wires on one of my drl bulb holders, just try it in the other side to see if the bulb works and this will confirm it

Guys im so pants at things like this, why dont things just work

Last edited:
Back