My panel to day van conversion

Thanks. Got the sound deadening and insulation arriving tomorrow (fingers crossed) so that is the project for the weekend. Ordered
2 of these sound deadening rolls Dodo Dead Mat Hex Roll – Dodo Mat

And 2 of these rolls of insulation
Dodo Thermo Van Liner Extreme – Dodo Mat

Planning on doing the whole van with exception of the floor.

I have used an app on my phone to measure the Db (obviously not accurate but good as an indicator) at 70mph. Without the seats it was rattling at 92 db.

Floor and seats installed 89db... keen to see what it will be after this stage.

Good evening all. Well I decided to get stuck in with the sound deadening and insulation. Not complete yet but halfway there. Should hopefully be all done this weekend.

I bought all the kit from a company called dodo. I don't have much to compare to but I am happy with the result. Total cost for this was £230.

All the kit needed. Inc the beers

IMG_1944.jpg IMG_1946.jpg
Deadening is about 4mm thickIMG_1949.jpg k
Panel off
IMG_1950.jpg IMG_1951.jpg
Deadening in and used some take to

lol yeah I know. I get very frustrated when i hear companies telling me they are booked up until the end of July, its madness! anyone with a keen eye may have seen the next element to my project hidden in one of the pictures!

@Steve1978 Sorry to mention it after you getting so far on but it would be worth putting in some front to back cable ducting (with a draw cord/wire inside) in case you want or need to add other electrics later such as dashcam with rear camera. If you do this and you then use the cord to draw cable through, don't forget to draw a replacement cord with the wire

@Steve1978 Sorry to mention it after you getting so far on but it would be worth putting in some front to back cable ducting (with a draw cord/wire inside) in case you want or need to add other electrics later such as dashcam with rear camera. If you do this and you then use the cord to draw cable through, don't forget to draw a replacement cord with the wire

Yeah that's a good shout. I have a camera on its way was just going to route it with the lighting but defo worth looking at a wire channel of some description

Yeah that's a good shout. I have a camera on its way was just going to route it with the lighting but defo worth looking at a wire channel of some description
Corrugated tubing with any bends being radiused curves especially if you will be pulling cable with prefitted connectors. What camera are you going for?

Got a pioneer one on the way. Will also have some speakers, lights and a few other bits.

Quick update. Hour or so work tonight on the stereo. Pioneer F88DAB installed but having problems with the Dab side of things. Wasn't working before install so looks like the mirror is next one out to have a look at what's going on in there.

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

Back