My new TSi

Ragadyman

Hi all,

Well... I’ve just took delivery of a ‘68 reg VW TSI .......petrol!!!! Van.
OMG I hear you cry....why?? All the press about them is bad. Terrible slow engine, keep changing gears, bad mpg, etc etc.

My story is I’ve had and still own a lwb T5 174 completely standard panel van, for 15 years. It’s been absolutely fantastic but I felt like a change.

So I bought a swb trendline and are gonna go about pimping it up. I have a million questions about the right way to go with height/ wheels etc hopefully some of you knowledgeable lot might be able to help. All will be fitted by myself not a garage.
As for the TSI I’ve only driven it home but OMG it’s so fast!! It’s 5 months old but I’m not sure someone hasn’t mapped it before I bought it.

I’ve loved owning my T5 and look forward to the same with this one. Any experiences with the petrol van would be appreciated.

Cheers Doug

Welcome to the TSi club!
My TSi has been converted to use LPG (as has at least one other out there), which means about 60p/litre for fuel. This makes no differance to the performance that I can tell, and it is still possible to get the motor mapped.
So far I am very impressed with mine, and love the 204 performance, but am tempted by a Pendle map at some point, once my suspension is sorted out.

Welcome to the TSi club!
My TSi has been converted to use LPG (as has at least one other out there), which means about 60p/litre for fuel. This makes no differance to the performance that I can tell, and it is still possible to get the motor mapped.
So far I am very impressed with mine, and love the 204 performance, but am tempted by a Pendle map at some point, once my suspension is sorted out.
Cheers Shaun,
I guess there’s not many petrol fans around.
I’m loving mine.

Cheers Shaun,
I guess there’s not many petrol fans around.
I’m loving mine.
I’ve had my tsi for nearly 2 years now and absolutely love it
I’ve had 3 diesel t5 before and got fed up with normal issues they have
The van has had a Pendle remap and a few other things and currently 312 Bhp
Full camper convertion and hopefully a run at Santa
Pod this year to get in the T17 club

Another one here. Love mine as well. Will be keeping for a long time. Just started tweaking.

Back