My new order spec - what would you add?

BennyLove

T6 Pro
Hey all, first post :)
Just about to order a new LWB DSG 150 in Pure Grey.
I've had some great advice so far from the seller, but I'm just wondering if there's anything I'm missing that would be worth adding to this van.
A bit about my van use.... I'm carrying about 500kg of equipment which stays in the van at all times, hence the upgraded suspension.
I love the look of a lowered van, but with that kind of weight it's probably not realistic so I'll probably just live with some 18's and standard springs.

So far the extras are -

o PAC - Adaptive cruise control -
o KA1 - Rear View Camera -
o N2Q - Seat Trims "Mesh" Leatherette -
o 2MK - Heavy Duty Rear Suspension -
o 4X3 - Airbag's - side and curtain for driver and front passenger -
o 2P4 - Interior loading edge protection in plastic and black loading edge protection on bumper -
o ZEQ - Digital Cockpit and Driver Alert System (Forces 4N3 & ZIE) - =
o 5AE - Carpet in cab area -
o Z4G - Anti theft alarm -
o 4N3 - Comfort dash (forced from ZEQ) -
o ZIE - Sat nav (forced from ZEQ) -
o 0F5 - 80 litre fuel tank -
o ZU2 - Rubber floor covering in passenger/load compartment -

Thanks!

They come as standard in Ireland on the Highline. I forgot to mention I'm in Ireland!
I wonder why they're standard on a Highline in Ireland but not here in England?
Surely it wouldn't be so that they can screw a load more money out of us, would it?

I wonder why they're standard on a Highline in Ireland but not here in England?
Surely it wouldn't be so that they can screw a load more money out of us, would it?
Haha that is most likely the case!
I think there's some stuff that comes as standard on the UK Highlines which doesn't on the Irish ones.

Welcome :waving:

High output alternator ( best for charging leisure battery in future ) twin sliders..tailgate .heated screen .heated seats and power fold mirrors

Welcome :waving:

High output alternator ( best for charging leisure battery in future ) twin sliders..tailgate .heated screen .heated seats and power fold mirrors
Many thanks! A bit more about the van.... It will remain a panel van for as long as I own it. Barn doors are a necessity for my job, and I'm coming from just one sliding door which I'm used to now. I'm not sure what the pros are of the power mirrors but I suppose they look cool when they fold at least! Heated screen I hadn't considered but would be great to have when it gets cold. I have to have a bench seat for work, but can I still spec heat for the drivers seat?

We’ve got the adaptive cruise, heated screen and folding mirrors as standard on the Highline, do you need the updated suspension, even on a T28, your only at about half capacity?? Nice that you’ve got LED’s

We’ve got the adaptive cruise, heated screen and folding mirrors as standard on the Highline, do you need the updated suspension, even on a T28, your only at about half capacity?? Nice that you’ve got LED’s
There you go! We have to spec ACC, mirrors and the heated screen so VW gives with one hand and takes away with the other. The uprated rear suspension is just so that (hopefully) it won’t look like there is any equipment in the back when it’s parked up.

I'd sack off the uprated springs. You will definitely want to do something with the suspension less than 5 minutes after driving it off the forecourt, and if you go down the coilovers route that can take care of hiding your 500kg weight. Lots on here carry weight with upgraded suspension

There you go! We have to spec ACC, mirrors and the heated screen so VW gives with one hand and takes away with the other. The uprated rear suspension is just so that (hopefully) it won’t look like there is any equipment in the back when it’s parked up.
D05542C3-7FC2-4C3D-9995-F8C5A4080B0E.jpeg
I prob drag a similar amount around as you will. That’s std T28 suspension

I'd sack off the uprated springs. You will definitely want to do something with the suspension less than 5 minutes after driving it off the forecourt, and if you go down the coilovers route that can take care of hiding your 500kg weight. Lots on here carry weight with upgraded suspension
This is very possible. I’ve never driven a van with coilovers. Is that the B14 kit that everyone seems to mention around here? I’d be happy with a 30 mill drop, 18s and some spacers. I want it to look quite oem.

Many many options for coilovers, and also spring & damper combos. Several recent threads in the suspension section worth reading

Many thanks! A bit more about the van.... It will remain a panel van for as long as I own it. Barn doors are a necessity for my job, and I'm coming from just one sliding door which I'm used to now. I'm not sure what the pros are of the power mirrors but I suppose they look cool when they fold at least! Heated screen I hadn't considered but would be great to have when it gets cold. I have to have a bench seat for work, but can I still spec heat for the drivers seat?
Heated seats can be spec’d ;)

01. Equipment for SLI
JHyyTV6QmmWC1ZppGQmLwwJ1mL77l3rTCCENuYRRVx7rrrXfXP.jpg
British Gas Blue
Price incl. VAT £ 456 1Price incl. VAT £ 456,

Wow ...now you can get BG blue.............mind you that Orange looks good :laugh: Sorry silly moment:inlove:

Last edited:
Could be the van is slightly on a hill, does the back sit a little lower than the front?
I've got racking along that side, so sits 15mm lower than the other side. I’m looking at lowering it with adjustable springs, to get it sit level

Back