Tale of woe: new T6.1 order delay

Sounds similar to my main dealer deal. I've gone T32 150 4mo manual, panel van , sold tailgate, single seats, heated, swivels and armrests, electronic ac, diff lock, hill decent, leds, electric side door and tailgate, fortana red, tow assist with camera, side assist, parking assist. Think that's it £36k plus vat. Long old wait though.

I went my local dealer and said cut the crap what are you offering of MLP and he said 3% tops!

I went my local dealer and said cut the crap what are you offering of MLP and he said 3% tops!
Which is exactly why you shop around, and why I bought from a dealer 150 miles away.

Not all dealers are created equal I‘m afraid when it comes to doing deals. My local dealer simply wasn’t interested in being competitive and was adamant that the price I paid wasn’t possible.

So shop around and keep looking until you get a good deal.

Which is exactly why you shop around, and why I bought from a dealer 150 miles away.

Not all dealers are created equal I‘m afraid when it comes to doing deals. My local dealer simply wasn’t interested in being competitive and was adamant that the price I paid wasn’t possible.

So shop around and keep looking until you get a good deal.
Not just with vans either! In August, visiting outlaws with family, we stumbled across the ideal Mini for Mrs JOG at Listers in Boston. Test drive next day and deal we were happy about was done. Bought our old mini sight unseen (had to give assurances about wheels etc) A week later they delivered new car and collected the old (we live in Hampshire) all part of the service! There is no way we could strike that deal at local stealer in Salisbury!

I think timing has a a lot to do with it. I ordered in February and at that point, back in another lockdown, I can only assume sales were a little slow. If the Kombi doesn't arrive by march and the changes proposed my extensive discount may be wiped out......

I think timing has a a lot to do with it. I ordered in February and at that point, back in another lockdown, I can only assume sales were a little slow. If the Kombi doesn't arrive by march and the changes proposed my extensive discount may be wiped out......
Aw it’ll be awful if that happens. Even if the price goes up and you pay more, surely they could still honour the % agreed?

I’m a little torn, Autoebid is still offering the discount, which is attractive (although probably a longer wait), but I’d really like to sign with the sales girl at my local dealership. Will have a chat this week and see what she can offer, but I think her hands are tied by her boss (who’s said 4%).

Aw it’ll be awful if that happens. Even if the price goes up and you pay more, surely they could still honour the % agreed?

I’m a little torn, Autoebid is still offering the discount, which is attractive (although probably a longer wait), but I’d really like to sign with the sales girl at my local dealership. Will have a chat this week and see what she can offer, but I think her hands are tied by her boss (who’s said 4%).
Yes, I believe the original discount of 16.5% will still be honoured but it will be a few grand more based on the prices rises to date.

I'd ring Cardiff Sinclair Vans. Same company, still fairly local but offered a much better deal than Swansea. A few percent can translate to a grand or two.

Yes, I believe the original discount of 16.5% will still be honoured but it will be a few grand more based on the prices rises to date.

I'd ring Cardiff Sinclair Vans. Same company, still fairly local but offered a much better deal than Swansea. A few percent can translate to a grand or two.
It’s a little guy wrenching, getting charged more to wait longer :(
It is out of the dealers hands though I guess, the price of everything has gone wild.

It’s a little guy wrenching, getting charged more to wait longer :(
It is out of the dealers hands though I guess, the price of everything has gone wild.
Make sure you ask if they have allocated builds, and that’s what they are offering you, and when the build slots are. If they can’t tell you this, they will very likely be selling beyond their factory allocation and you’ll be waiting a long time.

However, if you can find a dealer with factory allocation, they will be able to tell you this and which month it is. Given factory chaos at present, it’s not a cast iron guarantee of build then, and there may be some slippage, but youll have a much better chance of getting a van a bit earlier.

Your best option, is to pick up an order that the dealer has already got in the system and hasn’t yet got a buyer against it. They do exist and are worth hunting for. If it isn’t yet too close to its build date, they should be able to adjust the order to meet any factory options you want.

Make sure you ask if they have allocated builds, and that’s what they are offering you, and when the build slots are. If they can’t tell you this, they will very likely be selling beyond their factory allocation and you’ll be waiting a long time.

However, if you can find a dealer with factory allocation, they will be able to tell you this and which month it is. Given factory chaos at present, it’s not a cast iron guarantee of build then, and there may be some slippage, but youll have a much better chance of getting a van a bit earlier.

Your best option, is to pick up an order that the dealer has already got in the system and hasn’t yet got a buyer against it. They do exist and are worth hunting for. If it isn’t yet too close to its build date, they should be able to adjust the order to meet any factory options you want.
That’s good to know, thanks for the tip. It’s been a hectic week, but I’ll have more time to do some calling around this afternoon. Fingers crossed, I’ll get the ball rolling and a deposit down by the end of the weekend.

Autoebid is still offering the discount, which is attractive (although probably a longer wait)
There's no inherent reason for longer delivery times when using Autoebid, as they simply act as an introducer and your order is placed directly with a VW dealer (i.e. they are neither a broker nor a leasing company). It is true, however, that the dealers offering the highest discounts via Autoebid tend not to be those with allocation. After all, why offer a market-beating discount when you have such a highly sought prize?

Back