Motor Trader Insurance

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good (reasonable price, decent cover, decent reputation) Motor Trader Insurance policy please?
Looking at part time business from home initially, so that requires road risk insurance, not full stock and premises insurance. Would go comprehensive to cover accidental damage, fire and theft.
Thanks in advance.

Matt.

Become a VIP member then I can give you a contact that a few members have used successfully..

I've just renewed through Nash Warren, no one could get near the price they quoted.
Thanks. I was told by Nash Warren, that as a part-time trader, the premiums would be higher. I was quoted just over a grand a year for vehicles limited to £15k each and £2,600 per year for vehicles up to £40k on a comprehensive policy, not just road risk. Does that sound right? I'm 50, with 15 yrs no claims discount and this premium is based on mirroring my personal no claims.

Nash Warren Update - I have been told that as soon as any modification is applied to a commercial vehicle (even upgrading the alloys or adding side bars etc) the insurance cover drops from Comprehensive, to 3rd party only, not even Fire and Theft. I can't believe that all the resellers, converters and light modifiers out there are badly exposed to 3rd party cover on any modified stock? The exception to this and I guess it's is a big one, is that it's fine if the vehicle has been changed to become registered as a motorhome.

I've had written confirmation that they were happy to cover me for modifications fully comprehensive.
I had to query it as other brokers mentioned that Aviva didn't allow modifications. It seems they do - if subtle.
None are performance related, just cosmetic like spoilers, wheels, addition of windows or fitting genuine Vw kombi seats.

If you've not tried already, Exec motor trade insurance may be worth a shout - 01323 444999

I've had written confirmation that they were happy to cover me for modifications fully comprehensive.
I had to query it as other brokers mentioned that Aviva didn't allow modifications. It seems they do - if subtle.
None are performance related, just cosmetic like spoilers, wheels, addition of windows or fitting genuine Vw kombi seats.

If you've not tried already, Exec motor trade insurance may be worth a shout - 01323 444999
Yeah I found them this afternoon on the mighty google, will try them and Aviva tomorrow, many thanks for your help buddy. Cheers, Matt.

Back