MOT time...

Andrew

T6 Guru
Can’t believe it’s time to get an MOT. Leaves me with an issue of who to trust to do the job. Certainly not going down the Halford route or any other sporadic roadside garage..

Does anyone have any recommendations for near Wakefield, Batley, Ossett area?

Who did you decide to use in the end? any recommendations for members in your area?

Can’t believe it’s time to get an MOT. Leaves me with an issue of who to trust to do the job. Certainly not going down the Halford route or any other sporadic roadside garage..

Does anyone have any recommendations for near Wakefield, Batley, Ossett area?
Mine has just past it's mot yesterday .2016 model t32 . 96000 plus miles on her and got an advisory on rear discs and pads which I already new about as it's in the plan to get done when getn service done so really you shouldn't have eny problems .I live in Glasgow so can't really recommend a test center but as stated above a local council center is really a gd option as they don't stand to make a profit as they can't do the repairs :thumbsup:

I ended up at a place called Dickies MOT centre! Local VW garage didn’t do MOTs and recommended them. I have to be honest that I didn’t think too much of their premises or service, however the van went straight through within an hour..

I ended up at a place called Dickies MOT centre! Local VW garage didn’t do MOTs and recommended them. I have to be honest that I didn’t think too much of their premises or service, however the van went straight through within an hour..
Gd news :thumbsup:

So just having my T6 serviced and noticed this sign in the waiting room. What the hell tests are carried out that could damage the engine :eek:

20190621_100326.jpg

That's for the smoke test....

Applies more to older smokey diesels.... they rev em up to redline to see how much soot they pump out the back.

LOL, I had a '91 reg import Pajero 2.5TD in 2006 and it went in for it's 3rd in country MOT. They revved the nuts off it for a good 5 mins before coming to me saying they couldn't do the test as the emissions reader wasn't giving a satisfactory return (0.2). I explained that I was running it on SVO and the tester nearly fell over. He said it was the lowest return he had ever done. :)

LOL, I had a '91 reg import Pajero 2.5TD in 2006 and it went in for it's 3rd in country MOT. They revved the nuts off it for a good 5 mins before coming to me saying they couldn't do the test as the emissions reader wasn't giving a satisfactory return (0.2). I explained that I was running it on SVO and the tester nearly fell over. He said it was the lowest return he had ever done. :)
SVO?

Sorry; forgot. Cheers @Dellmassive Do not even think about putting any veg oil or bio diesel above B10 anywhere near your T6 (or T5 for that matter)- you will wreck it, at one point VW listed it as an option on new vehicles for up to and including B30, but it has long since disappeared from the options list.

Mine has just past it's mot yesterday .2016 model t32 . 96000 plus miles on her and got an advisory on rear discs and pads which I already new about as it's in the plan to get done when getn service done so really you shouldn't have eny problems .I live in Glasgow so can't really recommend a test center but as stated above a local council center is really a gd option as they don't stand to make a profit as they can't do the repairs :thumbsup:
who did you use? Im in Glasgow also.

who did you use? Im in Glasgow also.
Hey buddy ,I use (DP motors ) Rutherglen, used them for a good few years now with the car , really fair father and son business , should point out I don't think they do class 7 Mots , I do have a T32 but because it's a shuttle it's classed as a 4 so they could do mine no problem , I wasn't sure what weight category you were so thought I would mention it

Back