MOT: smoked lights ok?

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hello.

I have just purchased these smoked sequential indicators from VeeDub Transporters.

They are lovely and I was looking forward to fitting them but then my Dad suggested that they might not be MOT legal (so they are road legal but would fail an MOT as too dark). Does anyone know if they are??

The reason why I am interested is because I want to get the rear smoked lights to match but obviously, there is no point in spending money to just have them in the shed. These are the rear lights (currently out of stock but hope they will come back in soon).

Thank you very much for your time.

You need rear reflectors for the MOT - these are in the bumper.
The lights can be smoked as long as they are bright enough and the correct colour.

I would like to get these rear lights and also wondered if they are road legal/ e marked? It doesn’t say but does fit the side repeaters?4AC5C297-DE6C-4E69-A791-1AE85B029402.jpeg

Smoked lights, fantastic invention. I had a bike wrecked by a driver pulling out from a lay-by on a sunny day with smoked indicators.
What’s the attraction?

For me it’s purely aesthetic like any mod people make to their vehicles. Your experience of poor smoked lenses is exactly why I want to know if these are E marked/road legal. I too have had close calls and I want to make sure these are deemed bright enough. Too many people use tinted wrap or in the old days spray.

Back