MOT Failed - Help / Advice needed :(

Thanks for all the information and comments. I'll provide an update once I learn more, hoping its as simple hardware install to secure what's there, or minor replacement parts. Super happy to have discovered it before any major incident.

I am a little excited to think I might be spec'ing new suspension :)

Ha, eager to spend money? The Stance is good for the price point but yes you can get better quality and perfoming kits at increased cost budget depending.

All the best:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for all the information and comments. I'll provide an update once I learn more, hoping its as simple hardware install to secure what's there, or minor replacement parts. Super happy to have discovered it before any major incident.

I am a little excited to think I might be spec'ing new suspension :)
Watch them tighten the nuts if you do

Update from this morning:
I collected the van and driven a couple of miles to a local VW conversion company who have been amazing. They showed me a similar T6 in the workshop to explain how it should be fitted. Then inspected my van and the only problem was the missing nut, fitted everything correctly and checked the other side so make sure this was all correct, plus jacked the van to check the suspension components, plus took for a test drive.

It probably took less than 1hr and after I offered, and insisted they didn't want any payment - Massive Thanks to Big V Kampers!

At 16:00 I have the re-test with VW... fingers crossed!

Bingo. Thought as much. Good job you didn't change your stance + to more expensive version eh?
:thumbsup:

Ha ok. To be fair any high end suspension would have same issue if numpty didn't refit nut. Good luck at vw. They'll probably find some other problem now ;)

Update from this morning:
I collected the van and driven a couple of miles to a local VW conversion company who have been amazing. They showed me a similar T6 in the workshop to explain how it should be fitted. Then inspected my van and the only problem was the missing nut, fitted everything correctly and checked the other side so make sure this was all correct, plus jacked the van to check the suspension components, plus took for a test drive.

It probably took less than 1hr and after I offered, and insisted they didn't want any payment - Massive Thanks to Big V Kampers!

At 16:00 I have the re-test with VW... fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed for your retest

I’ve just booked mine for an oil service at VW (under warranty still but know I can go elsewhere) £175+vat :eek:

Glad I never spent the £1800 at VW... but has now sewn a seed for something better... it never stops :)
To be honest I'd make a point of never spending another penny at that dealership.
I agree with the van failing the MOT , it wasn't roadworthy - it is how they then took the opportunity to try to push you into spending £1800 with them instead of just rectifying the problem and retesting the van.
I'm still suspicious as to how that missing nut didn't cause knocking or other noises that you'd have noticed.

This is shocking from the tester! £1800 or tell you that you need to put a nut back on. Trying to milk you there

Received an image from VW this morning. Amazed they’re not prepared to put a bolt on it so I can drive it to be repaired.

View attachment 104270

Wow, just caught up with this thread, and Im surprised you hadn't heard this rattling about.

Im more surprised at the dealer quoting and advising you need new suspension, when all that's needed is a nut!! A very easy fix, and they could have really restored some faith by sorting this. We wouldn't actually let a customer leave like this TBF.

Glad you are sorted now, and have an MOT, you can spend more money on more important things, other than unnecessary suspension repairs

Reactions: .50
Back